Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Boys are Back in Town!

I wouldn't let myself believe it... 'til I saw the whites of their eyes...THE BOYS ARE BACK!!!! Oh My... I LOVE THESE BOYS!!! They do something to my soul... They started out, as good customers, but have become the best of friends... We all love them so... We tend to get a little Crazy, tho, when they blow into town... Oh my... The Boys spell trouble, with a Capital 'T'...We went out to Supper, had a few toddies, Mark and Dale joined us.... we had a Great Time! Then, like always, it seems... a fight broke out, in the restaurant... { this happens almost every time the Boys are Back, the Police were called...{ this was at a nice restaurant, too...} and The Boys, Mark and Dale, were arrested... JUST KIDDING! They just witnessed the Brawl... { I guess they just bring this orneriness out in folks!} { they tried to blame it on me, but I have eaten at this restaurant, many times, and have never seen bloodshed!} I don't think anyone was hurt... It just got a little Crazy! As we were leaving the restaurant, we had to step over food, that was scattered all over... what a fiasco... Ah, but we didn't stop there! We went to the wonderful Leonardo's... It's an Awesome, Italian Supper Club, that dates back to 1951...Black Leather tufted walls, red leather tufted booths... It is a wonderful time capsule....I think of the Soprano's when I go in there... I have always said, the Antiques Business is like the Mafia... You can't ever leave... Click, click, click... It's like a 'Family'...And The Boys, are definitely Family.... I'm panicking, trying to figure out, how in the heck, I'm gonna get the sale pulled together, in a week and a half, The Boys pull in, and away we go! Oh My! The fun.... truly.... never ends... I haven't seen the Boys, here, for a year and a half... Way, way too long, without their antics... I will work day and night, when they leave... but for the next two days, I'm soakin' them in...Hope we don't wind up in the Slammer! { that could put me way behind!}
Check out their wonderful store, in Brenham, Texas... {leftoversantiques.net}
Barb C.

2 comments:

summersundays-jw said...

Sometimes you just need to be a little crazy -- I'm thinkin' it was back in the 70's the last time I was. Have a great week & pleeeez stay out the slammer. Jan

Anonymous said...

Those boys are FABULOUS!!!! Glad you had a great time! The shop is amazing. You are more ready than you think......BREATHEEEEEEEE....Breathe.......... breathe..........