Monday, May 10, 2010

Pots of Coffee...

I have started on my third pot of coffee.... Looking down the barrel of a Huge Sale, coming up, in little more than 2 weeks...{ lawn work, tents up, furniture ready, all the buildings bursting at the seams, { I'm nervous about opening the doors... ever seen a building 'projectile vomit'?} getting folks organized, and fielding last minute calls, to gather, for the sale...{ not to mention.. I have dear, out of state pals, visiting at the end of the week... can't wait... I am supposed to go to Bloomington, this Saturday... we'll see'''} the Steam Roller is nipping at my heels...} Looking back... I had a wonderful show, at Gold Rush.... Bought well, sold well, even tho, it rained and hailed and snowed, and blowed... Thank God, for Liz, who drove a truck, helped unload, and set the booth... Don't know what I would have done, without her...We had our traditional Saturday supper at Michaels... and even a surprise Birthday cake... I had actually forgotten, Thursday was my birthday.... Too many Irons, too many Fires... It was wonderful seeing everyone.. Curt, Nancy and Walter, Tom, Marleen, Gwen, Mark,{ I forgot to mention, Chery, Lois and MARY!!!! Her first real try out, since 'c' was found.... and GOTTEN RID OF!!!! They had the best stuff... and I truly enjoyed them being back, and tuffing it out! What women!} and so many other great dealer friends.... Not to mention, all of the best customers in the world... friends, really...{ I quit doing this show, several years ago...thought I needed a year off... I missed everyone, so much... I had to come back!} Janet and Connie... missed Sis, Linda... It was great to see Leah Ann, and sooo many blog followers... wow... I had no idea! Sorry I forgot the computer... and the camera's fricken memory card... tho, I was way too busy, or too tired to take pictures... Remember... too many irons, too many fires... Have a Wonderful Day.... Barb C.

4 comments:

Virginiarose said...

Barb
A long time ago while my favorite uncle was having surgery on the veins in his neck,I said to my aunt oh my god what if he dies {I don't do well when people die,I am crying now just thinking about it.} Anyway my Aunt said "always remember God will never give you more than you can handle" I knew then my uncle would be alright cause god knew I could not handle if anything happened to him,he came thru the surgery just fine and lived a very good live for several more years.
The queen of hearts {you know who I mean} has a very good way to look at it,time wounds all heals, I can say I have seen it myself, it may take some time but sooner or later it happens.So head up,chest out, eyes straight ahead and know YOU will come out the winner. You didn't get to where you are today by giving up the fight.

Kay said...

((((HUGS))))

Anonymous said...

You all must have froze at the show. Although I was glad to hear Mary went. Nice to know she is "back in the saddle" so to speak! I'll have to call her and let her know I saw her mentioned on your blog again!

Andrea (Mary's sister)

Matt said...

Glad you had a good show up in Rochester we will be up there in August Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sarah got lots of goodies from PA when she went with darly and colleen. We are bringing some friends for Memorial Day sale see you then on Saturday :)

Matt and Sarah