Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Winner! Admiral....and the Soggy Invite.....

This is my 'Old Man'.... Admiral.... He was 28 years old, when this was taken... You can see how incredibly smart he is, just by looking in his eye.... He was quite a 'ham', and loved being included... He died, suddenly, in July, 6 years ago, I remember standing outside, watching the fireworks, here in Fairfax, around the 4th... He was standing next to me... As they sent the fireworks up, he watched, and stood, taking everyone one of them in...His head and eyes would follow the beautiful displays.... it seemed so strange... like he was almost saying, "I want to remember this".... he passed away, two weeks later.... I miss him so...
Here's the invite, Ed sent... Amazing....{ a little soggy, from the tears, Patty and I lost, cause we couldn't be there... taking in the festivities!}

1 comment:

Betty G said...

What a beautiful horse and wonderful friend. I believe those furry friends wait for us on that rainbow bridge. You'll be riding him again at full gallop on the prairies of Heaven some day. :) Luv~Betty