Tuesday, August 18, 2026

We're All... Mad, 'Here'. ; )


This day... has been a 'Mad'... day, to say the least.

If... I could've stayed away from people, well...
let's just say...
today, shouldn't have been a 'Peopley' day.

I was either cold as ice...
or an absolute puddle.

There wasn't much in between.

This was one of 'those'... days, if I could've...
would've stayed locked inside.

but...
wanted to get Peanut's ashes Home, as soon as they were available, which...
was this afternoon.

I'd hoped they'd be ready this morning.
Wanted to get that 'drive' behind me... as early as possible.

When I learned... that wasn't going to happen, I... just sat here, thinking.
{that's rarely...a good thing. ; ) }

The Boys helped strip 'Christmas' from the house... yesterday.
Was gonna leave it up.... but, decided.... over the weekend it was time to 
put it all away.

'J'... did make me laugh, while we were taking everything down.
He said...
"So... are we gonna be putting this All Back Up, in November???"

: )

Reassured him... "No."
; )

A Dear... Neighbor called, about then, he asked what I was up to.
Told him what The Boy's and I were doing.
He said...
"Well... You're going to do Something... for Christmas, aren't You???
A... small tree, 'something'???"
: )

I assured him, that I'd do 'something'.
: )

Had another crazy dream last night.... about a Neighbor.
Nondescript, like the one with Jim.
{I've never had a 'dream'... about the Neighbor, either...}
Ever.

As I was sitting here, this morning... 'thinking'...
thought I should just pick up the phone, and call him.

I'm guessing what made me dream of the 'Neighbor'... is the way Jim passed away, which was the same way... Brother, Larry... and Dear, Peg's 'Michael' passed.

They each passed away alone, in their Homes.

The Neighbor... and I have had many, many... conversations, over the last several years.
We've sparred... big time over 'Fairfax'.
; )
Lord... Lord.
We've locked horns... over the years, concerning 
'Bike Trails'.....
and
much, much... more that 'happens' at 'City Hall'...
 AKA 'Harper Valley PTA'.
I dig in pretty deep, but... to his credit, I believe...
 he's... been, pretty truthful.

He used to call about once a week.
Haven't heard from him... in a while.
We had a pretty heated chat, a while back, figured he'd had enough of 'The Facts'....
concerning
'Fairfax'.
; )

While taking Miss. Peanut back and forth to the Vet, our path went past the Neighbor's house.
I noticed... over the days, the Neighbor's truck hadn't been moved.
{Even mentioned that to Peanut, a time or two.}
???

so...
gave him a call, this morning.

Gratefully... 'he' answered.
: )

Sadly... he's in a Nursing Home.
His health has been poor over the last few years, but... he's always been determined to get back on his feet.

Turns out... he was bitten by his cat, a while back.
The bite got infected, and the infection spread throughout his body.
It's been an ugly mess for the Neighbor.

Hated to hear that, but was glad... to 'hear' it from him.
: )
We may argue... and spar, but... he's a Critter Lover... not mean spirited.
: )

He was so happy I called.
Said it meant a lot... to him.
; )

I sure wish him The Best.
He needs to get back Home, on his Feet.
Told him,
I... just wouldn't feel right Pickin' on him, the way I so enjoy...
 while he's convalescing in a 
'Nursing Home'.
; )

That's...
 just...
'Bad Form'.
: )

So... there was a bright spot, in this day.

Gotta be Grateful.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.


Indeed.
; )

No comments: