Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Mountain Movin'...


We're Movin' Mountains.
; )

Trimming... Cutting Brush, and getting things ready for Contractor's...
that'll be coming in, to do Repairs, beginning the first part of September.

Pulled the Lovely... Garden Set from the front greenhouse, today.
: )
It belongs to Dear... Farmer Friends, Lynn, and Lea.
<3


Also... moved the Massive Victorian Urn... as well.
; )
That... was a Trick.

It took three of us to move it.
We're guessing it weighs between four, and five hundred pounds.

I bought it decades ago... it's never been for sale.

I'll never forget the day... I bought it.
It was at an Amazing Estate Sale, in Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
There was Ton's of AMAZING Concrete, and Garden Statuary.
Literally.

Had it All Sold, if... I could get it bought.
I spent three days, and two nights sleeping at that Victorian Home, to be Number One, at the Estate Sale.

When other Dealer's found out I was there... they joined me, to get an early number.
The Race Was On.
; )

Got every piece I went there to get.
Daughter, Liz... came there every day, to hold my spot so I could come Home, shower... and change clothes.
: )


Poor, Pal... Dale, and Pal, Mark... were right behind me.
They helped me Load...
Oh Boy!!
Lord... Lord!!
Everything was Beyond Heavy, but that Urn.
; )

It was buried in the ground about two feet, and... Full of Dirt.
That was Fun, digging it out... and emptying it.
Yeah...
Boy.
; )

My Client wasn't interested in The Urn, but I sure was.
; )
{It's HEAVY... ; ) }

We got 'er moved without much trouble, today.
Slowly... and Carefully.
; )



Gizmo... Supervised.
<3



: )

Was Sad to hear of Dolly's Passing, today.
What a Woman.
What an Inspiration.
<3

She was So Incredibly Talented, on So Many Levels.
and... 
S M A R T.
Holy Smokes.
; )

Tho, Dolly was in several Movies, my FAVORITE 'Dolly' Movie was 
'The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas'.
: ) : ) : )
Dolly, and Burt Reynolds... were So Good Together!!
: )


Dolly Rocked... in that Movie!!
: )
<3


Priceless.
; )
<3




In the early 1990's I sang in a Band.
We'd Play... at Bars, and did a few Weddings.

I'll never, ever... forget a Wedding we performed at.
It was at a Country Club.
I was the only female vocalist.
It was a 5 Piece Band.
We had regular 'Set' Tunes.

Stan, the Band Leader, walked up to me... just as we were getting ready to play, said... The Bride had called him aside, requested a tune she wanted played for
 'The Bride, and her Bridesmaids' 
Dance.
Just 'The Girls'.

Stan said... "It's not one we've rehearsed before... but told her we'd do it."
: )

Asked Stan... what she wanted hear.

'Jolene'.

I... looked at Stan, and said...
{almost.... breathless, because 'Jolene'... was THE LAST Tune, I'd Ever Expect a 'Bride', to Request.}
"are you SURE.... she asked for 'Jolene'???????"
{in a whisper}

He... nodded his head, 'Yes'.

?????

Stan asked me if I knew the Tune.
{The Boys in The Band, were pretty much 'Vintage Rock', I... was the 
'Country' part of The Band, and 'backup'.}

Still in a bit of shock, I.... stammered, a....
"Yeah... I... 'know'... 'The Tune'."

????????

We pulled it off.
: )

The Bride, and her Girl's... were Happy.
They all Danced Barefooted on the Old... Wood Dance Floor.
: )

I've Always Wondered... what 'Story' was behind The Bride's Request...
'Jolene'.
?

: )


Fairfarren... Dolly.

Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.
<3


Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

One of my Most Favorite 'Dolly' Tunes, was... and is,
'The Mule Skinner Blues'.


<3


No comments: