The weekend was a pool of goo.
The house isn't right... without Peanut.
Sometimes... I feel like she's right beside me.
<3
Peanut... was never far from me.
I've been very selective about receiving calls, over the weekend.
Not because I don't appreciate kind thoughts, but....
I'm having big trouble keeping from melting down.
One of the calls I screened, on Saturday... was an unknown number.
I listened to the message, didn't recocognize the 'voice'.
I called the Man back, turned out it was my Nephew, Jimmy.
{Sister, Chery's Son.}
Apparently I didn't have his number in my phone, or it had been changed.
Jimmy... didn't sound like 'Jimmy'.
Didn't expect to hear, what I heard.
Sadly... Jimmy found his Dad... my Brother in Law, Jim, deceased, at Jim's home Friday.
Jimmy is the Only Child, of Jim, and Chery.
They were a very close Family.
<3
I was closest to Chery... out of all of my siblings.
Spent a lot of time... with Jim, and Chery... until Chery passed away, in 2003.
Jim... was a kind Man. Easy going.
: )
He loved to sing... and was very, very... good.
Jim had a Beautiful Voice.
I remember... as a child, when we'd visit.... the 'visit' always ended with Jim pulling out his guitar, and singing for us.
: )
Sometimes... I'd join him, as did Mom.
<3
Mom always requested Jim play the tune...
'Yellow Bird'
<3
At Mom's Celebration of Life, I asked Jim... to please bring his guitar, and 'Play'... for Mom.
<3
It was Beautiful.
<3
Jim Schafer's Celebration of Life....
will be at a later date.
Jim... will be Deeply Missed.
Picking up Miss. Peanut's ashes, tomorrow.
Been working on the house... trying to keep busy.
The Boys, and I... will be working on, and around The Rabbit Hole, this week.
Much to get done, before repairs can begin.
Contractor's are coming in, early September.
'Busy'...
is a good thing.
Indeed.
Love to Ya...Prayers for All.
Barb C.
<3
{The strange thing... Friday, early... morning, had my alarm set, to get up 'early',
to take Miss. Peanut to the Vet.
I... didn't sleep well, throughout the night.
but...
had a dream, with Jim, Mom... and Dad in it.
: )
I've never had a dream with Jim in it.
Rarely dream of Mom, more often dream of Dad.
The dream... was nondescript. Nothing 'big'... just, us all visiting.
; )
but...
it struck me funny, that morning, that Jim was in my dream.
When Jimmy called, guess it all fit.}
Fairfarren... Jim.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment