Monday, July 8, 2024

One Day at a time.


Received a call from Kae, the Lovely Promotor of Gold Rush, last week. 
I sat the May, 'Gold Rush' out, and Junk Jubilee, in April, as well. 

I've carefully weighed out the pros and cons, of doing these Wonderful Events. 
Visited with dear Friends, concerning the Events. 

There's been so many obstacles in my way, concerning these Events. 
Truck issues, Miss. Peanut's care. 
{Driving to, and from Des Moines, daily, while setting up, then, daily, doing Junk Jubilee, is very difficult. It's 250 miles, round trip}
Gold Rush, in Rochester, MN., would be impossible, to drive daily. 
Not to mention the other, seemingly neverending 'Stressers' with Fairfax, Iowa...
City Hall, and the Iowa Department of Transportation. 
{ Still haven't heard back from Fairfax, concerning the topographic survey, that I've asked for, for months, and months. There's much more, that I can't write about, yet. Oh my. }

Helper, Brandon... couldn't help this Spring, with Peanut's care. 
He should be able to, in August, for Gold Rush. 

That doesn't solve the Truck issues. 
I don't want to borrow Justin's Amazing Ford. He needs it. 

These Events aren't cheap to do. 
Have to give the first 1,000. we take in, to cover expenses, at each event. 

Frankly, I'd decided to give them both up.
but...
There are Pros, to these Events, too. 
The People. 
Gold Rush Folks, have really become Family, over the decades.
Junk Jubilee, too. 
Both Events offer Great Advertisement opportunities for The Rabbit Hole. 

So, when Kae called, agreed to do the August Gold Rush. 

I'm taking The Ford. Load it with smalls, and, maybe... a few Heavies. 

Love Graham North, the building we've been in, forever, at Gold Rush. 
Love... Our Neighbors, there. 
We're All a little crazy, and understand each other. 

Have always had two booths, at Gold Rush. 
Will only be needing one, this August. 
I'll be subletting one. 
If anyone wants to be my neighbor, let me know. 

If this post looks strange, well, I'm posting from my Android. 
More computer issues. 
When it Rains... It Pours, Baby. 
Won't be able to post any tunes, until the computer is figured out, but...
the last tune I posted, pretty much cover's it all. 
'Life is a Highway', by Rascal Flatts. 

Someone once said...
"When you get knocked down...
Ya Get Back Up!!" 
May God Bless The Fighting Irish!! 

We're starting work on 
The Shellsburg, Iowa... Living Estate Sale, 
{August 1 Thru 4}
mid week. 
Pal, Bill... lost a Family member, last week. 
Prayers for Mel, and Bill. 

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All. 

Barb C.


No comments: