Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Livin' The Dream.



I've been trying to write this post... about Anamosa, for two days.
: )
Day before yesterday...
the phone was Mighty Busy.
; )
One of my Favorite Calls, came in Tuesday evening, just as I was beginning to write.
A Dear Friend, is 'Living The Dream'...
 Finally.
Finally.
<3
: )
I wanted to hear Every Single Detail.
<3
: ) : ) : )
When ya have a Dear Friend, {Family} that... you've watched Struggle, always...
Oh My Lord...
: (
then...
To See Them...
 Hear Them...
 'Happy'... 
is
 Such an Incredible 'High'!!!
<3
; ) ; ) ; )

My Friend's 'Story'... should have a Movie made around it.
: )
<3


The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market...
was
Amazing!!!
: )
Not even Close to one of my best shows, there...
Many Did Great...
Some Didn't.
; )
{Sometime's You're The Windshield...
Sometime's....
You're The BUG!!}
; )
The Gate... was GREAT!!!
; )
The Vendor's Were Amazing!!!
as, Always!!
: )

Had two last minute cancellations.
Pal, Gayle... called me as I was driving to Anamosa, with The Boys, Friday afternoon.
Grandson, Justin... and Pal, Bobby.
: )
Gayle... was Sobbing, when she called.
: (
She Blew her Knee Out, shoveling snow.
: (
Gayle has went through Much Therapy with that knee, trying to save it from surgery.
Had it under control... until this snow.
: (....

Then, Long Time Vendor, Larry... called.
He'd just gotten out of the Hospital. 
Larry Was Still Planning to come, but... his Dr. said...
"Larry.... NO WAY!!"
: )
{trust me, Larry Still Struggled about not coming to Anamosa. <3}
: )
I, told Larry... to STAY PUT, and... We'll See Him in 2025!!
; )

Then we had to Lean on The Amazing Anamosa Vendors... who were 'Able' to Make The Show.
<3
Pal, Mark... Had It All on His Plate, to Fill.. and Spread.
The Vendors...
'Family'
All Stepped Up!!
<3 <3 <3 


Tony has An Amazing Collection of GREAT Stuff!!
Coins... Marbles... Toys...
Just an Incredible Amount of Diversity!!
WOW!!
; )




Zane...
What an AMAZING Artist!!
; )
Zane's Creations, were The Talk of Anamosa!!!
: )

Everyone Totally Rocked!!
They Brought Such Amazing Treasures!!
<3


The Beautiful... Italian Hall Mirror, Chicago Ray... brought me, didn't sell during the Show.
I sold it over the phone, before we loaded it, to a Dear Friend.
<3
Then, Sold It... Again, Tuesday... before I had a chance to deliver it, 
to another Friend, who was chewing on it... at Anamosa, for the Dear Friend.
; )
{try and follow That. : ) }
He called me Tuesday, made the Deal. He's picking it up Saturday.
: ) : ) : )
Priceless!!
<3



It was a LONG Sunday at Anamosa.
<3
Beautiful..
Sunday.
<3

So Grateful.

'Considering'
EVERYTHING!!
It Turned out Great!!
; )

I was worried all Sunday morning at Anamosa about the Truckasaurus.
 Knew Son, Justin... was going to be working on it, Sunday.
but...
was concerned about 'What' the problem was.
Thought I might be Campin' at Anamosa.
: )
 Finally broke down...and called Justin, to get the verdict, around 1:30.
He said... "It's Runnin'. Started Right Up... for me."
; )
I said...
"It Did NOT!!"
: ) : ) : )
he said...
"Yeah it did."
; )
Then he said he had to reset the Code for the Security on the FOB.
"Yeah...." I said.
It was that Damned FOB.
Then he said...
"No... I reset it After it Started."
I... said...
"You Did Not!!!"
Hahahahahaha!!!
: ) : ) : )
{Justin is a little Mischievous at Times. 
: ) 
He was born on St. Patrick's Day. 
He's a LOT Irish...
and, 'Shenanigans'... 
have Always Come Rather Easy, to Him!! : ) }

{I Screwed around with that Truck... and FOB, for Two Hours in the Sub Zero Temps...
He'll Never Convince me... it wasn't because of that Frozen FOB!! }
: ) : ) : ) 

Learned something New, and was reminded of something Old.
The New...
'FOBS shouldn't Deep, Deep... Freeze.'
The Old...
'Computer BS, and Devices that were created to make our lives easier...
Don't...
Always'.

It wasn't me leaving on the dome light...after all.

Was telling Pal, Bill...
I used to drive a Trans Am.... that I lost the key for.
John pulled the ignition switch out... and, I used a straight screwdriver to start it, there after.
: )
It's a 1975 model.
No Computer Security Crap.
No Worries about losing another Key, either.
: )
Could somebody have stolen it...
probably...
if they had a straight screwdriver in their pocket, and knew how to use it.
: )

The Boys came with the Truckasaurus, we got everyone out...
and us.
Long.... Weekend.
Oh...
My!!
: )

Me, and Pal... Mark are Still recuperating.

So Grateful to Everyone Who Shopped!!
We had Five New Vendors...
They Were GREAT!!
Each of them said... how Much they liked The Customers!!
Everyone was So Nice!!
: )
It's a Fact!!
We have The Best Vendors...
{Family}
and...
The Best Shoppers!!
{Friends & Family!!}
It's a Very Special... Event.
<3
; )
Grateful...to All of The Wonderful Shops, and Friends... 
who Shared The Anamosa Market!!
again...
It Takes a Village.
; )
<3
Grateful to 'Chelsey's Dream Foundation' for preparing
FABULOUS 
Comfort Food!!!
; )
Those Hot Turkey and Dressing Sandwiches are
THE BOMB!!
They had over a Dozen Selections of Homemade Pies, and Deserts!!
GADS!!!
<3

Mark and I are going to get The Books done, tomorrow.
He had Horrible Luck coming Home from Anamosa.
: ( : ( : (
Blew a tire on one of their vehicles.
His trailer lights wouldn't work.
Mark tried to get it home... by having his Daughter, Kelsey... follow him, 
{before her tire blew}
got pulled over, before they got out of Anamosa, had to leave the trailer sit in a big parking lot.
: ( : ( : (
{at least the Officer didn't fine Mark. : ) }

These 'Events'... are Quite a Ride.
; )
{Last year, Kelsey rolled the truck she was driving home from Anamosa.
: ( : ( : (
She wasn't injured, Gratefully... but, the truck was totaled.}

Yep...
We're All...
Livin' The Dream!!!
Hahahahahahaha!!!!
; )


Ran across the below, today.
Oh Dear!!!

This is what Happens... when I 'Play' down The Rabbit Hole.
{and... when I deep clean, and rearrange my bedroom, : )}
Often...
get a little 'Sidetracked' with
 'Memories'...
and
 'Old Souls'.
: )
TROUBLE!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!!

Oh My.

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.


No comments: