Sunday, January 21, 2024

Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market '24... is History.


I'll be writing all about it, tomorrow.
: )

Tonight...
I feel like a 'Bag of Bones'.
: ) : ) : )
Pulled in, just a bit ago.
Sat down...
and poured myself  a toddy.
: )
Was thinking back... on the time, Pal...Steph, went with... to Heart of Country, in Nashville.
We shared a booth.
I'd been there many times, but Steph had never been.
It was a Grueling trip...
{as always. ; ) }
getting the Trucks loaded here... in Iowa.
Then...a Long One Day Haul, to Nashville.
We were late... checking in at The Opryland Hotel.
As I was opening the door to our room, Steph said...
"By the way... where's the 'Gym'... in the Hotel?"
: )

I looked at her, and replied...
with much amusement,
"How in the Hell would I Know... ??!
: ) 
Look at Me!!"
: ) : ) : )
then, went on...
and said...
"Little Girl, after working at this 'Event', day after day...
and walking miles, to and from... the 'Show', 
You... won't be thinkin' about 'Working Out' at The Gym."
: )

Steph... fired back.
" Oh, Yes I Will!! : ) I HAVE to Work Out... Every Day!!"
: )

uh huh...
: )

Steph found The Gym... the next morning. 
After she returned from her 'Workout'...
we headed to The Convention Center, 
worked 14 hours, then... walked back to our room, about a mile away.

I opened the door to our room, Steph... slowly walked inside....
threw herself on her bed, laid there for a minute, without speaking...
then, said...

"I feel... like a 'Bag of Bones'."

{Didn't have the 'Heart'... to tell Steph, 
'You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet'. 
: ) 
We'd Only 'Just' Begun... }

Needless to say, Steph never went back to the 
'Resort'... to 'Work Out'  after that First morning.
: )
but... I've often thought of Steph's Perfect analysis
 of how ya 'feel', 
after working an 'Event'.
; )

Thought of Steph's Words, a Million Times, tonight.
oh dear.

yes...
tonight, 
I, 'feel'...
like a
 'Bag of Bones'.
: )
Hahahahaha!!!
; )

The Anamosa Market, Was Amazing...
on
 So Many Levels.
<3 <3 <3 
I'll write that 'Story'...
tomorrow.
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.

No comments: