Tuesday, January 16, 2024

A Tiny Snippet... of What's Heading to Anamosa.


{I'll be picturing what I can... of what WILL Be at Anamosa on Sunday!
{Early Bird Shopping Starts at 8 a.m.!!}
I don't know prices.
Most... doesn't belong to me.
; )
I'll have MANY Images... as Folks Set Up!!
If It's PICTURED It Will Be At The Show When The Doors OPEN to Early Birds!!
; )
Stay Tuned...!!
Make Plans to Attend!!}

Dear Pal, Chicago Ray... is Joining Us, at Anamosa.
: )
He called yesterday.... sharing a few things he'll be bringing.
Ray... has an Amazing Eye, and Knows His Stuff!!
He's Very Passionate about 'Old'.
: )

Everyone setting up at Anamosa... Shares that 'Passion'.
<3

Pal, Mark... also sent some images.
: )
They are still loading for Anamosa.
Chilly... Load.
but...
We're All Used to That!!
: )
Vendors... and Shoppers!!
: ) : ) : )
{That's Why We Dig That 'Comfort Food'... at
Anamosa...
SO!! }
: )
























TROUBLE

Oh....
That Chicago Ray!!!
{Trouble.}

GADS!!!
Ray was telling me about his Amazing Load... of Primitives, and Country... 
he's bringing to Anamosa.
then...
Ray asked me if I have any 'Interest' in a 6-7 Foot Tall...
Pier Mirror.
{seriously...
seriously.}
Told Ray... "One can Never have too many Pier Mirror's... or Chandeliers."
He KNOWS That!!
 Damn It!!
: )

Ray said... "I'm not going to bring The Mirror to the Show... 
unless... 
You're
interested in it. It's fragile to haul in a Load."
so...
Ray sent me a picture.

{That Chicago.... Ray!!!}

How could I say "No."
???
It's BEYOND!!!
Has Birds On It!!!
Damn It!!!
He... Knew, I Couldn't.
So...
The Mirror will be in Simply Iowa's Booth.
Then...
if it doesn't sell... at Anamosa...
It'll be Headed to The Rabbit Hole.
; )

GADS!!!

As Ray and I were talking... oh my.
We Go WAY Back.
{25 Years}
: )
Ray said... "I'll never forget the first time I met you...
it was in Nashville, the first year you did Heart of Country."
{Ray was set up across the road, at the Tailgate Show.}

He said... "You bought an Old... Crappy Dry Sink from me...
 and when you came to pick it up...
you were driving a Beat Up... Old Ford Truck."
: ) : ) : )

: / : / : /

{In other words... I'm sure he thought... at the time...
'What in The Hell... is an Iowa Girl doing in Nashville, set up... at
one of  the
  Most Prestigious Antique Show's in The Country...
driving a POS Ford Truck... 
and Dragging a crappy old Iowa... Dry Sink, to 'That' Show????'}
 

{Them's 'Fightin' 'Thoughts'.}
Uh...Oh.
: )
{felt my Claw's goin' 
'Ping'...'Ping'... 'Ping'!! }
; )

I let Chicago Ray... Have It With Both Barrels,
 Yesterday!!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!!
; )

Told Ray...
"That 1981 One Ton Ford, was My Favorite Trailer Puller.
EVER!!!
'The Great White Hope'.
<3
It NEVER Let Us Down!!!
 <3 <3 <3 
and...
That little.... Iowa Dry Sink...
was
Older Than Dirt...
and
 Incredibly Soulful!!!!
<3 <3 <3 
{Chicago Ray... Finds The Best. Even when he thinks it's 'crappy'.
Ray... is an 'Iowa Boy', originally.
 Met Ray, long before that Nashville Show. He doesn't remember.}
: )

Ray Roared!!!
He said...
"Hey!!! I'm Not Knockin' Ya...Honey!!!
 : ) 
I Drive an 'Interesting' Old Van... Myself!!"
Hahahahaha!!
; )

Back then... many thought we didn't 'fit in'...
 at Nashville, or 'Heart'.
; )
So Grateful... Libby Kramer,
{Promoter of 'Heart of Country'}
Believed in Us.
<3
She was an Amazing Woman.
<3
: )
I Admired Libby, and Respected her...
So.
<3

All 'Claws' aside...
: )
So Grateful... for Pal, Chicago Ray. Pal, Mark... and All of The Friends in this Insane Business.
'Love of Old'
: )
The ENDLESS Stories We Could All Share!!
Oh...
My!!
; )

It'll be Great Seeing Ray, and Everyone...
at Anamosa!!
; )

Chicago Ray... has helped me Load, and Unload... 
Some Major Monsters, over the years when I've been in a Bind.
He's Always There... if he can be... when I've needed a Hand, over the Years.
; )
The Folks... in this 'Business', are Beyond GREAT!!
'Family'... 
really.
: )
I'd be writing all Night, trying to Name All of the Folks...
who would Drop Everything to Help Others, in this 'Business'.
For The Love...
of
'Old'.
; )

I remember going to Duwa's Auction... in Wellman, Iowa...
that used to be this Saturday, in January... always.
We'd All be Bidding Against each other, all day...
then, after... The Auction,
We'd All... go to Kalona, sit down... and eat Supper, together.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers for All.

Barb C.


Indeed.
; )

No comments: