Thursday, December 9, 2021

Misfit Toys.


Yesterday, as I was working at Jerri's, Son in Law, Adam...came, and picked up The Gypsy Ford.
Had no idea...he was going to.
Adam had stopped by, yesterday morning...to deliver some furniture, we talked about the Gypsy.
She's been sick...for months.
I've struggled with what to do with her.
The estimates to fix her...are high.
 Was told...by the Diesel Dr., she needs her motor rebuilt, or...a new one.

Adam spotted her keys... and asked me if I thought she'd start.
I, didn't think so.
She's been sittin'...a long time.

When Adam called me, later in the afternoon, he told me he was at our house...and The Gypsy was running.
<3
He'd brought the trailer, just in case she wouldn't.
Adam can get Anything Running!
He's so much like my Dad.
<3

Adam drove Gypsy up on his trailer...and took her to their Home, where he can work on her.
Not right away, but...maybe in the Spring.
<3



Daughter, Liz...and Miss. Scarlett, with The Gypsy Ford, just after we got her Home.
<3
Before the Chrome Stacks, Son, Justin...installed, and new Skins.



The Old Gypsy...had been beaten pretty bad, by the previous owner.
Not a straight piece of metal on her.
but...
I sure fell in love with the old Ford, from the minute I saw her.
<3


Gypsy...has a 10 inch lift.
I think the reason nobody bought her...from the previous owner, before me, 
was because she's so Tall.
That's what I Loved...about her.
and...
her Whistling 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel. 
<3

Driving The Gypsy...is like therapy.
{Sometimes...'Shock Therapy'.
; )
She's a Rough Rider. ; ) }

Sometimes...at night, when I can't sleep...go out, and fire the old gal up...and just listen to her run.
; )

There wasn't a day...when I took her out, that Folk's didn't ask me...
"How do you get in that Truck?"
I'd tell 'em... "Ya just do. ; ) It isn't pretty to watch...but I do. "
: )

I remember...after my fall, down the basement stairs, so badly broken up...
my Goal...was to climb back up in The Gypsy.
<3
Figured if I could do that...I, could do most anything.
<3
Didn't take me long.
That was a Great Day.
<3

Son, Justin...thinks I'm crazy...for putting another dime into her.
John, most likely...would, too.
: )
That's why I've struggled, so.

Could probably have a prettier truck, that's more sensible...with the money it'll take to get Gypsy back on her wheels, but...it wouldn't be the same.



Adam, loves her too.
He's a Ford Man...All The Way.
; )

Adam seems to think, he can patch her up...
Put in new injectors....maybe a new high pressure oil pump...glow plugs...
and a little more, maybe.
He's going to drive her around Home, put the scanner on her, to get to the bottom of her ills.
: )

Seems strange...looking out the kitchen window...and not seeing her there this morning.

The stress level...is so high, these days, so incredibly high...
not sure this is a good time, to lose one of our Ford Family Members.
oh dear.

especially the
 'Therapy Truck'.
: ) 
<3 

What a Blessing...Adam is.
<3
If Anyone..can patch the Old Gypsy up, it would be him.
<3
He's so busy...they were hit hard, by the Iowa Hurricane, too.
Sure didn't expect him...to put more...on his plate.

He loves old Fords, like I do...Adam so Enjoys...working on them, so, maybe...this is a little Therapy, for Adam, too.
<3

Adam, like myself...are drawn to 'The Misfits', we understand them.
Dad, was that way...too.
Could always find the Good...in everything.
The possibilities.
 'Hope'.
'Where There's a Will...There's a Way'.
<3
John, was that way...too.
<3

I'm so damned weary...can't seem to find that way of thinking, as easily...as 'before'. 



Love to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

No comments: