Monday, July 12, 2021

Thank You...

 Thanks...So Much, to Gib, and Mary Boxa,
for allowing us...to conduct their Living Estate Sale.
<3
It's been Such...a Pleasure, working for them.
They are Amazing People, and working in the Beautiful Home...they built, was an honor.
<3
It was like a Sanctuary, a 'Stream in the Desert', so much...like Our Home, used to be, for us...
'Before'....IDOT, and Fairfax City Hall...destroyed us, so very wrongfully...for Fairfax's Suicide Trail.

Thanks, So Much...to All, who Attended.
<3
Wish I had a Dollar, for Every Compliment, paid...to Mary, and Gib, concerning their Lovely...Home.
Could've paid Gib's asking price, on The Corvette, with 'em.
: )
<3

It was Wonderful spending time, with Gib, and Mary...it was Great...visiting with Folks.
<3
Met some Super...Folks, and...Truly, Enjoyed Everyone, who stopped by.
<3
Thank You!!

I...will have to say, I learned something, at Gib, and Mary's Sale.
'Corvette'...Folks, are a Rare Breed.
; )
After dealing with so many...over the last couple of weeks, I could pick'em out...in a crowd.
; )
{shared that, with a few of 'em...as well. ; ) }

We had several offers, on The Corvette, including...mine.
The Top Three, were mine, and two Corvette Collectors.

Yes...I did, make an offer.
; )
We all offered the same.

Don't know how the others, came to their figures...but, here's how I came to mine.

This Car...Runs, and Drives...Great.
It's had many Updates.
It's been Well Maintained.
I, wouldn't be a bit nervous, driving this Icon...to Any Coast.
Shoot, for the money, The Corvette, could be a Daily 'Driver', pickin' up groceries...at Hy Vee.
; )
I'd...Appreciate it, Drive it...and Love it....Exactly as Found.
<3
{That's how Gib, and Mary...are, too. ; ) }

Would I have it 'restored'.
 Hell No.

That, in my opinion...would 
Ruin...It.

It's 40 year's old...
and...
Stunning.
<3
As Found.

Told a few of The Corvette Dudes, I understand, now...
why I've Loved Ford Mustangs, since I could walk.
; )
A 'Mustang' Person...
would Love...a Mustang, in a 'Ball'.
Rusted...to the bones.
<3
It...wouldn't matter, to a True Mustang Lover, we'd be Proud of it, because of What we know...It Is.
<3
We know...their Hearts.
<3
I, felt the same way...about The Corvette.
It's not about 'Chevy', or...'Ford', when it comes to This...
'Icon'.

It's about Muscle, Beauty...and...'Heart'.

Told Gib, when I shared our offers with him...
he shouldn't consider any of them.
He...should Keep, The Corvette.
<3

Drive It.
Like Jethro, Gypsy...and Sally, ...in our 'Family'...
They...
are The Best Therapists on The Planet.
<3
Wouldn't take Long...for a therapist to burn up the money, Gib's asking...for The Corvette.
oh...my.
; )
and...
a 'therapist'...Certainly...wouldn't be Near...as Much FUN!!
; )
<3 


When John...Surprised me, with 'Jethro'...
on a car trailer, he'd driven 14 hours home....with, 
I, nearly dropped.
Jethro...was SO BEAUTIFUL...to me, on that trailer.
<3 <3 <3 

When I watched...some of 'The Corvette Dudes'
'pick'...
So...
'Nothing'...
to a 
'Mustang Girl'
well...
my Claws...
most likely...
went...
'Ping! Ping! Ping!'.
Sorry...if I was a bit transparent.
; )

I...can't 'step'...any higher, with my offer.
The Corvette, is worth Every Penny, Gib's asking, with all of the Updates.
Just bought a '49 Ford Truck...have Many...Obligations, here, at Home, but...
if I were in a little better shape, I wouldn't bat an eye.
; )



John...took this picture.
I, didn't know it.
Oh My.
Sittin' by Such a Beauty.
<3 <3 <3 


John...scopin' out...every dent.
; )
<3
John...left...that 'one'.
I, treasure that little dent, he 'dismissed'...every day.
<3
: )




The morning...after, 'Mama'..put Jethro down a ravine...then Up, and Out...and crippled him Home, about 80 miles.
'Mama'...was in The Doghouse.
but...
not...for long.
<3 <3 <3 






Took this picture...
after one of John's radiation through Hell treatments.

John, Jethro...and, Nicky...
just...a few, days...before John suddenly...left us.

If Anyone, would ask me...to put a 'Price' on 'Jethro', well...
That...is Impossible.
He's Priceless.

Should Anyone...
'Pick'...
His...little...
 'imperfections'....

oh my...
hahahaha.
; )
oh dear.
; )

I...Hope, Gib, and Mary......will take my advice...and Keep 'The Corvette'.
; )
DRIVE IT...
Every Chance They Get.
; )





Love...to Ya, 
Prayers for All.

Barb C.






















2 comments:

Mary B said...

Thank you Barb and Bill. Gib and I were blessed to become acquainted with both of you honest, God-loving and fun individuals. Barb even fed me amazing food and maybe a glass of wine and a Bloody Mary. Now Bill might act like he is engrossed in his electronics, but he hears everything that is going on. To anyone reading this, you would be hard-pressed to find a harder working pair (with the client’s best interest at heart).

Love ya both!

Simply Iowa said...

Thanks, Mary. <3 Bill, and I...think The World of You Both!!! <3 We'll have to get together, at my Home...when things get straightened around. I'd Love...to Feed Ya...and pour ya a Few! ;) I'll have Fireball on hand, for Gib!!