Saturday, July 31, 2021

Friends. Angels.


It was so Great...visiting with Scarlett Scales, last week.
: )
Met Scarlett, and her Dad, Barry...while showing at Heart of Country, at The Opryland Hotel...
in Nashville, 20 years or so...back.
: )
I, hit it off with them...the moment we met.
<3
Scarlett...was maybe...18, or 19...then.
Watching Scarlett...working with her Dad...so closely, reminded me...of me...and my Dad.
<3
Priceless.
<3
They...are Such Good People.
<3
Love Scarlett...So.
<3




Scarlett, and Allyson, in Scarlett's Store...she shares with her Dad...Barry.
<3








Above, and below...are Scarlett's Stores, in Franklin, Tennessee.
<3
They...are So Beautiful.
Just...like Scarlett.
<3





One year...we didn't do Heart, we did The Country Home Show...in Nashville.
Scarlett, and I...went out for Supper, at my Happy Place, in Nashville.
The Cascades Restaurant in The Opryland Hotel.
<3
What an Insane...Night we had.
oh my.
Scarlett, hadn't met...and married...Louie, her Wonderful Husband...yet.
oh my.

After Supper, we went to the Revolving Bar, at The Cascades.
We were making our plans, of where to Go...Turn It Loose, Downtown...Nashville.
As we were enjoying a Margarita...making plans to leave, after that One....
a woman who was sitting by herself...at the Bar, joined us.
She was there on Business.
Couldn't leave the Hotel...because of her work's policy.

As we were getting ready to leave...the woman asked...if we'd consider staying there...and she'd buy all of the drinks we could consume, for keeping her company.
{She had No Idea...what she was offering! Hahahaha!!!
: )}

Oh my.
We had a Great Time.
Walking back...across the Massive Compound to our Hotel...however...
was Quite an Adventure...for me, and Scarlett.
oh my.
: )

Scarlett held me up...part of the way, I...held her up, a time or two...by her belt loops.
oh my.
I, always told John...
"What Happens in Nashville....Stays...in Nashville."
Hahahahaha.
oh my.
Scarlett brought up that story...while we were visiting.
<3
Good Times.
<3
Scarlett says she Still Laughs, every time...she thinks about what I told her...as we parted, when I was pulling out...headed North, to Iowa...after the show.
: )
"My liver...will be Very Happy....to see the Iowa Line. It can't take much more of Nashville."
That...was a Fact!
oh my.
We Worked So Hard...there, but...By God...We Made a Point...to Play a little HARDER!!!
Hahahahaha!!!

Found many Wonderful things, at Both...of Scarlett's Stores.
She gave me the Darling...Bunny, for The Rabbit Hole, she's holding in the top image.
<3
My favorite purchase...is the below...piece.
Barry found it in Philadelphia, about 20 years ago. He'd recently brought it in to the Store.
It's tin...from the 1800's, and would've been on the front of a building.
Love It.
<3
I've never seen one like this...with a Horse Shoe.
{Looks more like a Mule...Shoe. <3 }
Amazing.
<3

Scarlett, and Barry....find the Most Unusual.
<3

Scarlett...is one of those Friends...you can go without seeing, or talking to...for a long time, but...always pick up...right where ya left off, without skippin' a beat.
She's Very...Precious.
<3

Told her...they are Welcome...here, at our Home...anytime.
She's always extended that...offer, to me...as well.
<3


I'll be writing more...about The Southern Run...with Allyson.
The stories, about the Amazing Conversations I had...over the trip, with total strangers...are really incredible.
 Learned so much...while on this Run.
I feel so very Blessed, Allyson asked me to go.
Angel.


Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

These days...I wish, it was all about Nashville.
I'd bet, most of us would..






 

No comments: