Thursday, July 15, 2021

I'm Holdin' On.



The above, popped up in my FB memories, after I'd written the below post.
Seemed fittin'...to add it to this post.






Above...is just across Stallman, from The Rabbit Hole...to the South, and West.
It was a Lake..up to Stallman, last night. Thought it was over the road, it looked like glass, about Midnight.
At least..they weren't pumping across Stallman, on to us... like last time.
Seems that culvert isn't workin' too hot...either.
The ground...is Very Thirsty, that's a Blessing.

We were Extremely Blessed, sadly...for The Farmers, we're in a major drought, and the Big Rain...was South of us, some North.
but...
with every rain, I will worry.

I was thinking...this morning, why...should I be surprised, by the IDOT's lack of concern.
How many people have to be injured, or die...before they'll consider simply lowering a speed limit, or...put in a stop light.

Up the road, at Stoney Point, and 151...I can't tell ya how many folks were killed, and injured there...
it took Years, before the IDOT would put a stoplight in.
Springville, Iowa....and 151, too.
Same way.
How foolish of me, to think...they'd care about destroying me, keep their recorded word, make sure...we wouldn't flood.
I'm nothing to them.
Absolutely...nothing.

I feel Blessed, we didn't flood last night.
It will happen, and I will have many, many...sleepless nights, like last night, solely because of this 'Trail' Project...for Fairfax.
Decided, when I get back from my Southern Run...with Allyson, to start making moves, to protect the rabbit hole.
The IDOT...sure isn't.

When it does...flood, because of their negligence...like our home has...5 times, in the last year, for the same...reason, well...
oh my. 


The water was runnin' straight from Stallman, that the IDOT District 6 so poorly designed, right into the Basin, they created, that can't drain uphill, to the new...too high culvert, under our drive.
That area...used to be much larger, and lower, it held water back.
When they raised the bridge three feet, to accommodate Fairfax's Trail under the bridge, and widened it, to accommodate a 14 foot wide Trail, on...the bridge...
{wrongfully}
they took all of our drainage away, and made Us...The Ditch.

again...
they couldn't care less.

That's a Fact.

To whomever is reading this, that...may have to go through Condemnation, whether it be on a local, State, or Federal level...
Don't speak to any of them.
Hire a Lawyer.
I, should've done that, from the very first whiff of this stench, 5 years ago...when District 6, assured me, they wouldn't be needing any of our land, for this Project.
That, was true...in a backward way.
They Didn't condemn our land....for The Highway Project,
{that's just what they put on paper}
they...wrongfully condemned it, for Fairfax's Suicide Trail.
{Says the Engineer who drew up these plans. In writing.}

I don't know how this is all going to end up.
I'm in for the long haul.
This...should never...ever...happen to anyone.
Ever.

They need to make this Right.
Fix...what they've Broken.
Some things, they'll never be able to fix.
Heartbreaking losses, on so many levels...
 solely because of this Trail Project, that wasn't supposed to be.

For today...Scout is Good, and Safe.
<3
I...got some rest, after Justin arrived, here...at 4 a.m.
Took a hot bath...
and...am ready to take on the next battle.
One day...one Storm, at a time.

The Tide...was High...this early...morning, but...
I'm holdin'...on.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.



yeah...
Sorry, IDOT District 6 Boys, your 'culvert'...will simply never...make it happen.
Bless your hearts.
; )
Better try again.
This...is a Mess.












 

No comments: