Friday, July 23, 2021

Savannah, Georgia.

We arrived in Savannah, Wednesday Evening.

: ) <3 

Oh...my.
<3

Charleston...was Amazing.
Every Inch...of this Southern Run...has been 
Amazing.
<3











This Awesome Artist...created a Hatter's Hat Necklace, and 'Wonderland' Bracelet, for me, 
at the Open Air Market...in Charleston.
: )
Love It.
<3





Very Cool Bridges, in Charleston.



The Old...Old, Massive Trees, So Incredibly Soulful...
 with Beautiful...Spanish Moss... 
trailing...like Jewelry, from every branch, 
it's beyond.
Simply...
Beyond.

If...you've ever been to The Rabbit Hole, you'd understand, somehow....
 Moss, and I...have a kinship.
I've used it in the shop...at shows, events...for decades.
I'd never seen it, in it's Natural...Southern Habitat,...until, several years ago...when Allyson invited me to go to The Outer Banks, and... New Orleans, with her.
<3

It was like meeting a Pen Pal, I'd never met in person...but, knew...we had a Connection.
<3

Seeing the Amazing Moss, the last couple of days, has been Incredible.
<3

The 'Old'...

'History'...

'Beauty', 
Graciousness...of this part of the Country...is, beyond...words.

We're staying at a Wonderful Hotel, 'Planters Inn' through the 23rd,...it's 200 years old, in the Center...
of
Savannah.




Began writing this post...two days ago.
oh my.

We've been Runnin' Like Crazy, Walking...all Over Savannah!
We've taken Several Tours, through Amazing Homes.
Especially Loved Jim Williams' Mansion.
The book 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' was written about his life in Savannah.

They didn't allow images there, which was fine.
It was exactly how'd I'd expected his Home to be.
He was an Antiques Dealer, who Loved...Early...Soulfulness, with an Eclectic Eye, for Charm.
Beautiful.
Jim, saved dozens, and dozens of Savannah Mansions from the Wrecking Ball,
 back in the 1960's and 70's.
Truly a Gift...to Savannah.
The Olde Pink House, where we had Supper, the other night, was One...of Them.
<3
The below three images, are of The Olde Pink House...
Allyson, and I...ran through it quick, before Supper.
It is Stunning. 
16,000 Sq. Feet, of Beauty!!
It was built in 1771.
Wow. Wow.






I, feel so At Home...here.
<3
It's like...seeing an Old Friend, ya haven't seen in decades.
except...
I've never 'seen' this 'Friend'.
{Thank's to Allyson, for bringing me along. : ) <3 }
but...
 Sure...have felt like I've 'Known' 'Savannah', all of my life.
: )
All of The South, really.
<3
but... especially, 
New Orleans, Charleston...and...
Savannah.
{Nashville, too. <3 }

When I...say, 'There's Somethin' About The South', I...truly mean it.

When Allyson, went for a walk, night before last....I chose to write a short blog, kick back...in our room, with a Cold...Refreshing Beverage, before Supper, at The Olde Pink House, across the street.
Was told, earlier.. it's Haunted.
Spoke with a retired Nurse, and her Husband, from DC, in Charleston...Wednesday, that said...she'd seen The Ghost, at The Pink House,...they also have Amazing...Food.
; )

Well...
me, and Ghost's have always gotten along, just fine.
: )
I won't bother them...if they don't bother me.
; )

We'd never mind sharing our Supper, with a Ghost.
<3
Especially...One, from Savannah.
; )

{We didn't see The Ghost, but...enjoyed a few 'Spirits'...while dining at The Olde Pink House.
; ) }

Below...are a few images of Savannah, and surrounding areas.
Mansions, Cemetery, Squares...
Allyson is checking out a Museum Tour, this morning, then we're checking out...leaving Savannah, heading towards St. Augustine, Florida.
: )

Don't have much time to finish this blog, so...just gonna put images in, for now.

; )





































Love, to Ya.
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.








No comments: