Sunday, July 4, 2021

Chillin'.

Saturday, was lovely, and filled with wonder.

<3


Decided to go to the Firecracker Antique Show, in Amana, Iowa...
yesterday.

Hadn't been, before.
Normally, I'd be having my own event, here...
but with the IDOT construction...no way, for the last two years.
there's nothing
'Normal'...anymore.
Maybe...never again.

Hadn't seen many of the Friends, there...for nearly two years.
It...was Great.
: )

As I walked through...realized, we all come from such different walks of life in this crazy business, but...we're like a bunch of Gypsies...'Clan'...'Family', with our mutual Love...of Old.
<3

Wound up 'buying' from only two Folks, at the Show.
Could've bought from them All.
It was an Amazing Event!
Still goin' on...today.

The first thing I purchased, was a needlepoint belt.
Saw it from a distance...rolled up, in a box.
I've got this 'Thing'...about Early...Textiles.
<3 
It's a 'Sickness'...really.
; )
Worn...Velvet.
<3
Vintage...Lace.
<3
Mended...Faded...Loved On....
Textiles.
'Soulfulness'.
<3
oh dear.

When I held that belt in my hands, and touched the Fine...old, old...hand work,
well...
had to have it.
It...was a Whole...Dollar.
wow.
<3

Went on...and found an Amazing...Sewing Box.
with...
a Huge, Worn Velvet...Pin Cushion, across the top.
oh dear.
It dates from the mid 1800's.
<3
Didn't want to carry it, through the show...it's pretty large.
so...
told the kind Man, I bought it from, I'd stop back, after I was done shopping.
Had my eye, on a few other...Treasures, in his booth, I wanted to 'Ponder'...on.
; )
{Big Mistake.
 When I went back, to pick up The Sewing Box... at the end of the day...
spent a Bunch More...
 It took three of us to carry everything to Mark's Booth!
INSANITY.
Gnarly...Soulful...Old...Old...Wonderful...
INSANITY!!
; )
<3 }

Pal, Mark...was set up, outside, in the shade....so, after I did my shopping, went and sat with him, and visited with Friends, and other Shoppers.
; )

A Dear...Sweet Friend, came up...whom...I'd given something to, a while back.
She's been struggling, caring for her Mother. I...so understand.
In the mail, the other day, received a lovely...'Thank You' card, from her.
<3
Told her, that was so unnecessary, but...made my day.
: )
I'm glad the little treasure, brought some comfort...to her.
<3

As we were visiting, I showed her...the little belt.
She does needlework, and I knew she'd appreciate it's Fine...Worn...Beauty.
<3



Told her, I'd guess...it was made in the mid to late...1800's.
My Friend...closely examined it, on both sides.
then...
she said...
"You're right. It's signed 'Received July 4th., 1872.' "


Whaaaaat???
I, hadn't seen That.
Holy Smokes!!
<3
149 years...later, I...'received'...it.
<3

That's How....These 'Old Souls'...work.
<3

They Always...'find'...their way.
Always.

I've been very Blessed, by these Old Souls.
<3
Written about so many times, this has 'happened'.
The Cupboard, the belt is hanging on...is a perfect example.
That...was Quite...a Story.
Wow.
All of it is.
Amazing.

Hope You Have a Fabulous Independence Day!!!

There's Antique Events in Mt.Vernon, Iowa...Amana, Iowa...and Iowa City, Iowa...today.

I'm headed to work, on the Living Estate Sale.
My purse is a little light, after...Chillin' at The Firecracker, yesterday.
; )

Love...to Ya,
Prayers...for All.

Barb C.







No comments: