Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Take it...Easy.



Yesterday...was Busy...Busy!
Bill, and I...are getting things buttoned up, at Gib, and Mary's.
Not much left. It was a Great Sale!!

Delivered the Beautiful China Cabinet...above...
last night, to it's New...Happy...Home.
<3
Liz, and Adam...were Great Help!
Don't know what I'd Do...without 'em...and that Little Flatbed Ford.
; )
It's a Hauler.
<3

Grabbed a late supper, then...beat feet towards Home.
Pal, Allyson called...as I was flyin'...down the highway.
She was going over the details of our upcoming trip...
glanced at the Ford's gauges...and saw it wasn't charging.
Told Allyson I was in trouble...and had to go.
Downshifted...and kept The Ford's RPM's High...High...
 knew...he'd stall...if I didn't.

I was only a few miles from home...but, after a long day, sure didn't want to walk.
; )

I...did have a 'Moment', at the corner...of 80th. Street, and Highway 151,
with The Ford...revving at about 4,000 RPM's.
Last night was a City Council Meeting.
City Hall...is on that corner.
As...The Ford, and me...were sitting, waiting...revving...there, I could see people through the window of City Hall.
: )

For a split second...thought about parkin' The Ford...there, and go in to the meeting.
I, knew he probably... wouldn't start, again...once I shut him down...
but...
what the heck.
hahahahaha!

Oh my.
; )
My 'Better Judgement' Angel...talked me into gettin' The Ford Home...safe, and sound.
; )
I'd just eaten a good meal, and would rather attend those meetings a little hungry.
On an empty stomach.
; )
Haven't been to a meeting, since covid.
They've been busy little bees, at City Hall...pushing things through, without public attendance, I hear.
{you'd never know any of it...by reading 'The Minutes'. }
oh...my.

When I got The Ford...situated in our 'not so good' to get into....Highway 151 front drive, stood...leaning on The Ford's hood, looking over this wrongful mess, with a Big, Fat...Trail...on the Monster, Three Foot Higher Arched Bridge, for 'Trail Accommodations' that aren't supposed to be.
  'Putrid Gifts'... from the backdoor's of Fairfax, Iowa... City Hall, and IDOT District 6.


Caught a glimpse, of John's favorite old metal lawn chair, under his Old...Oak.
<3
I...could almost see John sittin' in it.
; )
Wondered...what he'd be thinkin'... about now...
concerning this wrongful mess.
All...of 'this'.
Then...I felt a smile, come to my face, because...that's how I imagined, he'd be lookin' back at me...on such a Beautiful...July Evening.
; )

The tune, from The Eagles, 'Take it Easy'...
entered my head, at that moment.

Hahahaha!!!

John...would know, there's more than  four...who would Love...to 'Stone'...me, around here.
 Nearly paid 8, or 10... of them a visit, at City Hall...last night.

and...
a few...who'd like to 'own'...me.
Hahahahaha!!!
{Bless their hearts. : )}

I'm Very Blessed, to have a Friend, or two...as well.
; )
<3
Very.



I can see him, now...
calmly...
leanin' back...in that rickety old chair...
 sheepish grin, mischievous twinkle...in his eye, 
 smokin' a stogie...and,
 telling me, what he's told...me, during difficult times...
 over the many decades we shared...together,

"Go get 'em... Mama."
; )

I'm on it...
Big Daddy.
; )
<3








John's old...lawn chair, was callin' my name...through the trees.
The Trees, that would be Long Gone...without a Great Lawyer.

If ya think This...looks bad, you should see...what the IDOT had in mind, before we got a Lawyer, solely for Fairfax's wrongful Suicide Trail.
The Trees would All be gone, and the IDOT's ROW would've been 12 feet from our house.
Of course...that would've been fraud. 
It...still is, according to their own engineers, and Iowa Law.
Then...there's that 'Breach of Contract'....thing.
oh...my.







Started this post, early this morning.
Then...Daughter, Liz...called.
Told me to get ready.
Big Rain, possibly coming our way.
Needed to get Scout, our Horse...ready to move to higher ground.

It's been so dry, I'm Praying...we won't get Flash Floods, tonight.
I'll be up all night, with Scout, and watching the Creek.

I, have no idea, yet...exactly how bad things are going to get around here, after being wrongfully put in a Basin, by the IDOT, solely...for Fairfax's Suicide Trail, and the poorly designed Stallman Dr.
With a culvert...that's way too high, to help water get away from The Rabbit Hole, until it's under.

I...will say this, after all of the warnings, after watching our Home...flood, 5 times, in the last year, because of IDOT District 6, breaching our recorded agreement, and refusing to use any common sense, 
Should...a single drop of water, reach the Greenhouses, at The Rabbit Hole, where it's NEVER been, in the 40 years...I've been here,
whether it be tonight, next week, next month...or, next year...
That's...when They'll Meet The Mad Hatter.
Both...
IDOT District 6, and Fairfax Iowa City Hall.

They'd better be up tonight...and with Every Big Rain Event,
with me...
with...
me...
with,
me.
Whatever 'Happens'...when we do get real rain, is all...on Them.
Every Single Drop.
They'd better be all...over...this.

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{a little after 8 p.m., tonight...the second round of Storms are approaching Linn County, where we live.
Tornadoes...have been confirmed, close to us.
It sounds crazy, but...they don't frighten me, nearly as much...as Torrential Rain, 'Flash Flooding', because of the Basin...we're in now, solely because of the above mess.}

{8:20...p.m., Linn County Sirens, are going off for Tornadoes.
Sound's like they are North...of us. 
Still no information about rain predictions.
Big wind...60 mph, or so...with this...too, but, we survived 140 mph. sustained winds, for 45 minutes...last year.
Loads of lightning...they are warning...for this one.
but...
I'm concerned about the rain totals.
They're calling this a 'Super Cell'. 
If they get heavy rain...up north, well...we all know, how water flows.
Except IDOT District 6, they seem to think water runs Uphill.
oh my. }


{ 8:40 p.m.
they just confirmed...
Torrential Rain...
up North.

Flash Flooding, predicted.

My only Hope...it's been so dry, the Rivers, and Streams, are so low...
me, and Scout...won't have to Swim...in The Pool, IDOT District 6, has created for us...while making Accommodations, for Fairfax's Wrongful...Suicide Trail. 
I'll take a video...should I have to start bailing water...from The Rabbit Hole.}

{11:00 p.m.
Went down...and checked the Creek, again.
She looks like she's gonna Hold.
<3
Never thought I'd be grateful...for a drought.
Looks like we'll be spared, this time.
<3
Hopefully...no Skinny Dippin' for me, and Scout...tonight. 
It could change, in the blink of an eye, depending on how much rain...they got up North.
I, won't rest easy.
The Rabbit Hole...looks ok, so far...too.

The land just South...of it, on the West side of 151, looks pretty Soupy.
Not my Circus...Not...my Monkey.
They knew better, there...too.   }

Setting my alarm, checking on Scout... on everything...every two hours.
Hopefully...we'll get through, this this one...without hip waders.






 

No comments: