Sunday, July 18, 2021

Trouble... oh my.

Trouble.
Trouble.
; )

Friday, when Wanda and I...took a Road Trip, we stopped on our way home...in Belle Plaine, Iowa.
Jerry Tubaugh, Autioneer, had called me a few days prior, letting me know...he was having an Auction, with his...and his Wife, Elaine's Estate.
Sadly...Elaine, passed away.

I've known them both, for decades.
Wonderful Folks.

I need, absolutely...nothing.
Everything is full...around here, with not being open, what I have bought, over the last few years, is piled in.
but...
I, really wanted to go to Jerry's 'Preview', of the Auction...Friday evening, to say goodbye, as Jerry has remarried, and is moving out of state.
{His new Wife...is Lovely. <3 They seem very Happy. <3}

When I walked inside the Auction...House, Friday, with Wanda...
spotted so many beautiful things, I'd like to purchase.
But...knew, I'd better not.
There were 4 items...thought I'd leave bids on, that I'd love to have for our home.

That...Wanda,
 'TROUBLE'...
 ; ) 
talked me in to going back, Saturday...for the Auction.
She said... "Barb, this is your kind of Stuff. You'll never get another chance, like this."
oh dear.

I've got no time....Leaving Monday...with Allyson.
The Kid's are staying here, to watch over everything.
Need to get the house clean, for them.
Get packed, organized.
Laundry...
So Much!
I've been working at other Folk's Homes, for so many, many weeks...
ours...has really been neglected.

but...
went to The Auction...anyway.
; )

To be fair...Wanda didn't have to twist my arm...much.
; )
<3

When I saw those French Marble Top Tables...
oh dear.
I...Melted.



Mercy!!!
<3 <3 <3 

TROUBLE!!!
; )
There are a Pair...of These...Old...French Beauties!!!
<3

They are about five feet wide...
Insanely Gnarly...in an Extremely...Sensual....Way!!
WOW!!!

Got Both of 'em Bought!
Along with The Beautiful Mirror, and Gone With The Wind...Lamp, in the above image.
; )
oh....my....my...my.
; )


Loved...this Early...Looking Glass, too.
<3
It, also found it's way...down the rabbit hole.
; )




Loved...Everything...About This Tiny Gateleg Table.
<3
: )

It's older than...dirt.
: )
So...Finely Done.
Late 1700's, early...1800's.
<3
All...Original.
YIKES!!
: )
{Stayed to the very end...of the Auction, to see it sell.

Paid more for it...than anything else, I bought.
More...than Many things...I bought...Combined.

It's amazing.
: )
You can feel 
 'History'...
when you touch it.

Simply....Soulful.
<3 }

I could Feel...the History, Soulfulness...long before I touched it.
Didn't touch it...until...I owned it.
Didn't have to.
<3
Amazing.





This Marble Topped Lamp Table...has little Cherubs, on it's base.
oh...my.
<3
The...above, 3 French pieces..., and Early...Gateleg Table, were the four items, I'd hoped to buy.
I was grateful...to get them all.
but...of course...
Didn't stop..There!
oh dear.
below..is a 'snippet', of The Rest!!
oh my.
; )

Deep Shadow Box.
<3

This Victorian...Beaded Cape, is Amazing.
After I bought it, threw it over my shoulders...and wore it.
: )
I'd bet...Elaine did too...when she bought it.
<3


Ya might have to click on this image...to read the Motto.
It's Perfect, to Live by.
<3
IDOT, District 6...and Fairfax, Iowa...City Hall...have tripped me up, with the 
'Contentment'
 part.
Bless their hearts.

They kinda screwed me up... on 'The Beauty'...part, too.
'Order'.
Now...that I think about it.
Haven't seen any 'Order', since They've been around, messin'.
Bless their hearts.
; )


Darling...little Walnut Victorian Folding Shelf.
I was drawn to it's tiny little mirrors, inside the center of each carved flower.

Victorian handmade Tobacco Box.

There were only a few...pieces of Brown Transferware, at the Auction.
I, bought two...then, the third piece...disappeared.
 Looked for it...on the tables, but...figured it must of sold with something else, and I missed it.



More...'Goop'. <3
Chandelier Prisms...and parts.
One...can never have...Too Much, of That.
; )

<3

Love the little Ford, pedal car...hubcap.
<3


1890's Pie Safe.

Auctioneer, Jerry Tubaugh, and his Beautiful Daughter, Melyse.
It was very difficult, for Melyse, seeing her Mom, and Dad's things...sell, yesterday,
as it would be, for all of us.

Elaine, was such a Beautiful...Woman, inside...and out.
I see much...of her, in Melyse.
<3
Elaine and I appreciated so much of the same...when it came to Antiques.
French, Victorian...Transferware, Flow Blue...Ironstone, as well as....Very Old...
'Soulfulness'.
<3
Always enjoyed seeing Elaine, when she'd come walking up...to visit the rabbit hole.
She...had such a peacefulness...about her, and always....had such a Beautiful Smile.
She's been gone four years,...we think of her often.
<3

As I pulled Jethro up, to load the boxes of smalls, I'd purchased, Melyse came walking up to the car.
She said... "Barb, I know you like Brown Transferware, this platter didn't sell, would you like to have it? I'm sure Mom, would love for you, to."
<3
Oh My Gosh!!
Told Melyse...I'd looked all over for it, to buy it...but couldn't find it.
Told her, I'd be Happy...to pay for it.
Melyse...said absolutely not.
<3
Such a Lovely...Gift, I'll Treasure...Always, and remember them All...when I use it.
<3 <3 <3 




It was a Great Day...at Elaine, and Jerry's Auction.
So Thankful...Jerry gave me a call.
; )
{Grateful...Wanda twisted my arm, a little. <3 }

It was Wonderful, seeing so many Fellow Antiquers, I haven't seen in so long.
<3 <3 <3 

Grateful...to Pal, Mark...for helping me load, and haul things home.
Having The Ford down...cramps my style, at 'Auction Time'.
: (
Hahahaha!!

I'm going to try to work the French Pieces into our Home.
Looked around last night...I, don't know if they are going to work.
The Lamp Table...I'm sure I can find a spot for, at least...for a while.
The Wall Tables, I...don't know.
: (
They may wind up at the rabbit hole, for sale.
I, told Melyse that.
but...
Assured her, whomever they wind up with, will Love Them...like her Mom, and me.
<3
That's just how these 'Old Souls'...work.
<3
They always...find...their way, to the hands, they're supposed to.
<3
Elaine...understood that, too.
<3

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.






































 

No comments: