Thursday, June 24, 2021

Helm...


Saw a sweet little old Ship...today.
It's about 40 years old...'new' to me, 'vintage'...to Daughter, Liz.
<3
Had to buy it for her.
; )

Liz has her Dad's last name...
'Helm'.
<3
She's collected 'Ships'...for many years.


The Ship...
above, is nearly 4 feet long.
John made it, out of wooden matchsticks...in the 1960's.
He used the matchstick boxes, to size the portal windows, and I'm guessing where guns, or cannons would fire...on the broadside.
<3
The Ship... resided at John's Mother's home...until she passed away, in 2002.
I, was going to clean the webs from it, when John brought it home.
He asked me to leave them...alone.
I'm so glad...he did.
It's...amazing.
<3
Wouldn't be the same...without them, and their history.
<3
{and...they get along just Fine...with all of ours. ; ) }

Every time I look at that Ship, really...look at it, I melt.
I see it every day...but, when I take a Moment, and Really...Look,
I...melt.
<3
The Time...The Patience...The Skill.
John...was an Amazing Artist.
He'd often argue that, with me.
I'd always win...
because...
It was The Truth.
<3
: )


Liz...recently purchased the Grovert's 'Sailing'...print.
It...found a grateful Home.
<3

No flooding, last night.
Son, Justin...did his best, to fix, yet...again, District 6's...mess.
So...for the moment, we're high, and dry.

Still haven't heard back...from District 6.
They probably hope...I've drown.
; )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.






 

No comments: