Sunday, October 4, 2020

What Nightmare's are Made of...


This is an Accident, that happened October 2nd., around 8:00 p.m.
in front of our home, on Highway 151, in Fairfax.
Don't know any of the details.
I, couldn't go near it.
Just...stood by the door, of the house....and wept.
Haven't heard of injuries....but, I'm not certain.

 Here's what I do know.
Seeing this....
Took me Around The Bend.
: (

I was at the old Harvest Table...in the dining room, when the room illuminated with Red and Blue...Lights.
I...looked out the window, and...my heart sank.
: ( : ( : ( 

I'd been sipping wonderful wine, a friend had given me a long...time ago.
Grabbed the Jug, and went outside.
Stood there, in horror...
ya see....
I'd Seen...Nearly This Exact Picture, before.
In a 'Nightmare', of sorts... about 4 years ago.
The Day, The Honest Man, from IDOT District 6, told me...
he Thought, the reason for our Land being Taken....could be for a 'Trail'...next to Highway 151.
He couldn't be sure...because, there wasn't a purpose on the Legend, of the Engineer's Drawing, but...
thought...maybe???
{He....was the First, to finally tell the Truth.}

I couldn't Grasp....what he was saying.
I, told him... 'That can't Be. That would be Suicide, to walk, or ride there.'

THIS was The Image....that Flashed Through My Mind, at That....Moment.

The only....difference, in this image....
people aren't strewn on the Highway, like...I saw in the Flash.
but...
Fairfax's Trail...isn't Open...yet.

This Highway.....isn't Open, yet.
Still...there are Many Accidents.
Always have been...
There always will be.
That's a Fact.

As Fairfax, City Hall...and The IDOT Know....
This Stretch of 151, through Fairfax, is....the Most Dangerous Stretch, in Linn County.
That's a Fact.

The so called 'Improvements'...they are attempting, are futile.
We'll soon see, how they'll work out for them.
: (

I've walked with them. Talked...with them...Begged them, Sued...them.
and...still...
Here it is.

Some Folks...walked up to me, as I was standing beside the house, and asked what had happened.
I, said...'Take a Look, for yourself. Doesn't look good, to me.'
I cried...cursed...ranted, then...cried....some more.
: (

Finished off, that wonderful....bottle of wine, and...thought to myself, 
what more....can I do.
: (

I can't 'See' This, knowing...Everything, could've been Done, so much safer.
but...
By God, Fairfax, and The IDOT District 6, Had...to Have That Trail.
No Matter What.
At Any...Cost.

The 'Cost'...began with us.
The wrongful Taking...of our Land, and the Hell...they've put us through, trying to find The Truth.
but...
it won't 'End'...there.

The 'Cost'...will be Far Reaching.

I, wish....so, wish....I was wrong about This.
I'd Give....Anything, to be Wrong, about...This.
: (
Anything.

Sent an e-mail...to my Lawyer, telling him, we're going to have to have guardrails.
The IDOT took the ditches away, for the Trail Accommodations, for Fairfax, so...there is Nothing, to stop vehicles from driving into our Home...and, Rabbit Hole.
It won't be safe to walk on our property.

While visiting with a Neighbor...standing in our Drive, just...hours, before this accident, she said...she is worried about me. Worried it's taking a horrible tole.
Hahahahaha...
Told her, That Ship...Sailed, a few years ago, when I First, was lied to, by District 6, and at the February IDOT Meeting, in 2017.
That's when...I began to lose my mind.
Told her...
'They haven't Seen....'Crazy'...yet.'
: (
When a Child, is Lost....in front of our Home, on Fairfax's Trail....
That's most....likely, when Ya'll 'See'....Crazy.

I, had a bit of a 'Rehearsal'...Friday Night.
oh my.

There will Always, Always....be accidents, on this Highway.
Too Many Turns, in too short of a span.
Too Fast, of a speed limit, and...Amana Drivers, in a Hurry, to get to work, three times a day.

Their new...'Turning Lane'...will be a 'Passing Lane'.
{So will Fairfax's 'Trail'. 
Mark My Words.}
The Deputies, can't catch these people.
Ask them.
They are Doing Their Best.
It would be like Roping a Steer, in a Stampede.
Dangerous for All...Concerned.

Please Know...
I've put this all in writing, over, and over.
I've walked...with the IDOT, and....Talked, until I'm Blue....in the Face.
Fairfax, Mayor...and Council...each have a 52 Page Report, I handed them, with all of the Safety Statistics, from the University of Northern Iowa.
They All...Refused to conduct an Independent Safety Study, concerning Pedestrians next to this stretch.
Even...if I, paid for it.
Figure that out?
They All...Know, It...Never could've passed a study.
All they'd have to do...is ask any Deputy, who cleans up these Mess's.
I, have. 
Not One, thought it was a good idea.
Not....One.

We've paid Dearly, wrongfully....for Fairfax's Trail.
Many....Will.
: (

Love...to Ya.
Barb C.

{'The Last Kiss' Tune...above, always reminds me of my Best Friend, Dorene.
She was killed in a car accident, on 151, when she was 17. Her Two Friends, she was with...also...teenagers, were also killed.
They were inside....a vehicle.
I was one of her Pallbearers, at 15. 
The top tune...
'Highway Don't Care'...
just, seemed Fittin'....because, it doesn't.
Never has.}

{I...was also a Victim of Highway 151, many years ago. 
If..I would've been in the Trans Am, that thankfully...had a chipped gear, in it's transmission, I wouldn't be typing...now.
I was driving a Huge....'79 Ford LTD. 
{had no choice, with the TA, down... didn't like it. 
It saved my life. <3 }
Hit a Lumber Truck, that pulled out in front of me.
Hit the Big Truck's Rear Duals....so hard, with the Ford....it sent them, and the entire axel... sailing away from the Truck.
The Bumper of The Ford...was pushed up to the Cowl. {Driver's door, pretty much.}
My knees went through the dash, cut my nose in two, when my face hit the steering wheel.
Had I been in the TA, I...wouldn't have survived.
It happened so fast.
The Truck Driver, simply...didn't see me.
We've All...Been There.
I, was so Grateful...He Survived.
My First Thought, when the Ford...came to rest,
 'I just killed someone.'
I'm sure...he thought the same.
I wouldn't wish 'Those'...thoughts, on...anyone.


A Split Second....can Change So Many....Lives.
The IDOT, and Fairfax...Rolling Out The Red Carpet, of a Suicide Trail, 
next to This Stretch....of Highway, is...Pure Reckless...Endangerment.
I've told all of them, that...Over, and Over.}

The Highway, doesn't care.
but, I do.


No comments: