Monday, October 12, 2020

Fall...in Iowa, Minnesota...and Wisconsin. Big Key... Friends...and, a Feather Boa. oh...my. Priceless.




Pal, Allyson...picked me up Bright and Early....Saturday Morning, then...we picked up Rhonda, another Pal...
and...headed North.
: ) : ) : ) 

It's Such a Beautiful Time...of Year, in the Midwest.
The Trees, are Amazing.
They put on Quite a Show!!

I used to go up to Elkader, every second weekend in October, for a 20 mile Trail Ride.
It's Insanely Spectacular on Horseback.
; )
There were usually about 1000 Horses, on the Ride.
We rode through the Timber, through Streams, and up some Mighty Steep Trails.
It was really, an endurance,
: )
Many....didn't finish.
We...always did.
<3
I rode White Cloud...the first year we went.
I, was 10.
After she was killed, by lightning...when I was 15, I rode Admiral...on the Ride.
Both Horses...were So...Amazing.
They wouldn't quit.
: ) <3

We'd make our way to the front...in no time.
If...you didn't...after several hundred Horses had been on a trail...it was a slick...Mess.
You Had....to be in front.
Both, White Cloud, and Admiral...had No Time....being in the back of Any Pack.
They...were 'Leaders'.
<3 <3 <3 


{Above is the first year...I took Admiral, on the Trail Ride.
He was about 3 years old.
<3
I rarely...used a bridle...let alone a saddle.
I bought Admiral when he was only 4 months old.
Broke him, to ride...and drive, myself.
I, could do Anything....with him.
<3
It's All...about Mutual...Trust.
<3
I'd Never...put him, White Cloud...or, any Horse.....in a place I knew they could get hurt.
I knew what they could...and couldn't do.
; )
{They..Could Do...Most Anything!!
We'd Sail...over 4 Board Fences...and...masses of downed Trees.
oh my.
: )
They Both...Loved to Go! Go! Go!!!!
: )

When we'd head to a Trail Ride, or Show....
I'd lead them to the back of the truck... {with Stock Racks} 
they'd Jump In!
 Didn't have to back into a ditch...
They'd just Jump...Right In, from the road! <3 }

They, were two of the Smartest Horses....I've ever known.
{Scout...is Also...a Very Smart....Guy! <3 }.
{I've 'Known'... owned, {Loved...} 100's....over the years.}

When people would borrow Admiral, for a Ride....I'd always tell them, if he didn't want to go somewhere....don't try to force him, turn around, find another way....
 because he's Smarter than You.
He'll never get ya hurt. : ) 
I could run Barrels, with him....then, jump off, and put a Child on his back, and he'd just walk. 
He...was an Amazing, Level Headed....Horse.
<3 <3 <3  }

This was taken...on a Beautiful Spring Day, when I ditched School, to go for a Ride.
Rope for a 'bridle'.
: )


{Admiral...was 28 when he passed away.
He's buried here.
<3
Kristi, Thankfully...captured this image of Admiral....just a few weeks before he passed away.
I'm so Grateful...she did.
I, have so few pictures...of the Horses.}
: (

I...most always rode bareback.
I remember being on some of those Steep Trails, and...all of a sudden, someone ahead...stopped.
So...we'd have to stop, halfway up.
I'd have to lean over Admiral's neck, lock my hands...around his neck...and hold on....not to slide off.
Yes...it's Important, to be one of the Lead....Horses.
No Stoppin'....on those Hills!!
Oh My.
then...
going down those Steep... Ravines.. could be Tricky.
oh my.
Yes....if ya want to Finish the Ride...
you'd better get to the Front.
: )
Guess...'Life'...is kind of the same way.

I'm sure I bored the Girls, on Saturday's Trip...with my Long...'Horse Tales'.
; )


It was Breathtaking...up North.




 

We stopped in La Crosse, Wisconsin....and did a little 'Junkin'.
: )
Pal's Lori, and Janice....have booths there.
Janice is Always...Promoting the Mall.
<3
It was Great....Finally, getting There!


Then, to My Surprise...
Connie, was Working There!!!
She and  'The Wisconsin Girls'....{Janet, and Linda.. }
<3 <3 <3 
Always Shop...our booth at Gold Rush, in Rochester, MN.!!!
It was GREAT....Seeing Her!
I Miss All Of Them...SO!!!


I KNEW....The Owner of This Booth, the Moment....I saw It!!!
<3 <3 <3 


Found some FUN STUFF!
Oh...My!
We got Home...LATE....
but, had to take pictures of Rhonda, {left}..and Allyson, before we parted.
: ) : ) : ) 

We'd stopped at a Garage Sale....on the way up North, I found the Black Feather Boa....for 
1.00.
HAD To Have That!!!
: ) : ) : ) 
Also...stopped at a Winery. : ) an Amish Grocery...and Antique Shops.
Told the Girls...I HAD to Get Pictures...of them,
with some of our 'Treasures'... : )


I'd found a HUGE Key, that's actually a clock...advertising 'Old Fitzgerald Bourbon'...
from the 1950's.
: )
Rhonda was waiting in the RAV, while I paid for it.
When I climbed in the RAV..
Rhonda asked what I'd bought.
Told her a 'BIG' Key...
 'Huge....Key'.
: )
Instantly... an 'Aerosmith' Tune...popped into my head.
: )
Asked the Girls, if they'd ever heard it....
They both said "No.".
: )
Hahahahaha!!!
I...Laughed...and Laughed!!
{What makes my Mind...think of some the Most Crazy Tunes????
Out of Nowhere!!}
Rhonda said...."It must be 'Interesting'....tho,  hearing your Sinister Laugh!!"
Hahahaha!
Told her, I'd post it for her, with this story.
oh my. : ) 
So...I Shall.
{Bet...She Blushes. ; ) 
I...do, a little when I hear it. ; ) 
Hahahahahahaha
Had to Play It...Anyway. 
; )}


The Girls, wanted me to wear the Feather Boa, as we made the rounds, Saturday.
I, thought....better of it.
: )
This time of year....so close to Halloween, and the way I dress....every day,
I...imagine, can be a confusing, for some  Folks.
: )
They....wonder, if I'm in Costume....or, I'm simply....Crazy!
{Crazy. : )}
We were in Amish Country, Shopping.
I'm sure, they roll their eyes, enough....with my 'Gypsy-ness'...without 'The Boa'!!!
Hahahahaha!
; )

I, have to laugh....
the Girl's grabbed a few things from the back of the RAV, for the picture....
Rhonda, has the 'BIG KEY', and Wine....
Allyson, is wearing the Boa, and holding Wine...
but, Allyson, also grabbed my Orange Leather Purse.
hmmmmm.
?
She must've thought That, was a Bit...Theatrical Too???
Hahahahaha!!!
: )
I, thought....it was pretty 'Tame'.
: )
Oh.....My.

I, sure Appreciate... Allyson, and Rhonda...including me, on this Jaunt.
: )
<3
It was a Beautiful....Fun....Day.
'Friends'...are Priceless.
They, Truly....are.
Love to Ya.
Barb C. 

{Remember...now,.....the Aerosmith Tune...is about a Big 'Record'. ; ) }


No comments: