Friday, October 2, 2020

Remembering.... 'The Fall Harvest Sale'.


It's been two years, since the last....Sale, down the rabbit hole.
IDOT, has had this Highway....far too dangerous.
They were supposed to have started this 'Project'...Spring 2019, and have been Done, Long ago.
They were delayed, but...I'd already cancelled the 2019 Events.

After living through, 25 years ago...nearly the same carnage, I knew...I couldn't hold any events, here.

It's been mighty difficult, to survive...without them, for so long.
I'm not sure...how, I'll be able to put all of the pieces of the rabbit hole...back together, 
after, the IDOT, for Fairfax's Trail...has totally...destroyed Everything...John, and I...have worked most of our lives away, building..
{Covid...has Nothing on Fairfax, and the IDOT. Neither does a Hurricane.
Trust me.}

oh...my.
It's painful...to think about it.
: (

Most of the 'Sale' images below, were from 2016, and later.
{The 'Carnage' images, are from this year. 2020}
Thanks, to Tommie, from Fuel, in Mt. Vernon, Iowa....
for capturing images of the rabbit hole. : ) }

I, think about what Ali, said...about 'Falling Down'.

 "Inside of a Ring or...Out,
Ain't Nothin' Wrong with Goin' Down.
It's Staying Down.... that's Wrong."

 Truth.

So....
We'll see...
what...
what...
what...
 'The Hatter', can pull out of His Hat, to Pull Things Back Together, for 2021.
; )

Love...to Ya.
Barb C.
{Had to play 'Harvest Moon', because...That's what I have Always...Played, on my Blog...During The Fall Harvest Sale, for Decades. <3 }



Some of the Land... IDOT Took, wrongfully, for Fairfax's Trail.


Fairfax's Trail...
On The Bridge, that adjoins our Land, that was Promised, {Recorded Settlement Agreement.}
would Not Be.
When I look at 'This'....
I, think...of a conversation, often...I had, with my Best Friend, Peg...
shortly, before she left us.
She said... "Trust No One....Barb."
: (
She knew me, better...than most anyone....except, John.
<3
It's not in me, to not....'Trust', until...Folks make the mistake, of lying to me.
Damn It!!!
I shouldn't have trusted Them...without any reason not to.
<3 
 Should've taken Peg's Loving...Caring, Advise. 
<3 
My mistake.




Spoke with the DNR, day before yesterday.
They were here, last week, checking out...where they'd issued Permits, for Folks to Build, and Fill....around us.
He said... "Things look pretty bad. Hopefully, when they get it done, and all seeded, it'll look better."
: (
I, said...what They have Done Here, 'seeds'...aren't Ever gonna Fix. 

He said... "Fairfax, have all of the proper Permits."
I, said...I'm sure they do. Who's Enforcing Them?
Who's....making Sure, the Specs are being Followed?
I See Major Flooding, All Over US, because of The IDOT, putting us, in a Basin, and...Folks around Us...Filling All of The Land....UP...High, around us.
oh my.
Where's That Flood Water Going to Go???
oh my.
Sadly...I have Zero Confidence...in The IDOT, and Fairfax, City Hall.
Rightfully....Zero. 
He said...I should talk to the DNR in Des Moines.
Here we go.
oh...my.



I Miss...Living.
: (
Really...Miss, Making a Living.
: (

Love to Ya...
Barb C.

Thanks...to Sheree, for 'The Driver' <3
She..Created Him...for us. <3 : )




Mark, and Son...Justin. : )
Most of these images, were taken before the Sale was set.


John, and Mark....
<3 
: )

Yep... There used to be ditches.
{Before the IDOT Built Fairfax's Suicide Trail...wrongfully, for Them.}
Wonder...what's gonna keep Vehicles...out of our Home, now?
They'll have a Straight Path...into our Home.
Flood Water...too.
oh...my.
{That's the Old..Bridge, that nobody...ever noticed as a bridge. Now, It's The Size of an Interstate Bridge.
Tall and Wide.
To Accommodate...Fairfax's Trail, On it...and, Under.
'Wrongful...Suicide Trail'. 
oh...my. 
; )

{I'm so Grateful, to my Friend, Joy....from Colorado.
We visited...for a long time, the other day. <3
She...is Such an Amazing Person.
She Understands...every Inch, of This Wrongfulness.
She, is Powerful, in so many...many...ways.
<3
My Stream in the Desert. 
<3 }









Thanks... Alice. <3

Thanks...Lynn, and Lea. <3

Daughter...Liz.
<3 <3 <3 








<3
I...may, be...behind the 8 Ball, for 'Trusting'.
I'm gonna 'Run This Table', 
watch me.
Truth...and, Trust...Will Win.
<3




No comments: