Saturday, October 31, 2020

Blessin's


Came across the above quote, today....in my images.
Sat, and thought about it, for awhile.
It's so true.
Made be think back....on the 'People'...I've been so very Blessed to have met, throughout my life, sometimes...
only shared a few moments with, and...others...shared years.
<3
{Called a few of them, today.... <3 }

While visiting with each of them...over the years...I remember being so inspired.
As most Folks know, who... have known me, for more than a few minutes....
I, have no problem...talking to Folks, whenever, or...wherever. 
{Kinda like Dad, that way...I guess.  I've never known a Stranger. <3 }
: )
I find People...Interesting...and, most often...we have far more in common, than not.

I, truly...believe, every person who cross our paths, are meant to.
No coincidences in life.

Like the old saying goes..
"We meet people for a reason.
They're either a 
'Blessin' '
or...a 
'Lesson'."
; )

Both...reasons, are really 'Blessings'.
<3
{tho, sometimes....it takes awhile to fully understand that. ; ) }

I've kept myself, pretty sheltered, from People...over the last several years.
Been too tangled up...in my own 'Cage'.
While I was setting the Memorial...the other day, taking everything down, that had been there for years, to make room... 
I looked up...on the wall...
and gazed at the Old...Old...Mirror Frame.
: )


I, remember well...the day I found it.
We were in the midst of building on, to the house.
I was on a buying trip...in Savannah, Il.
The weather was Ugly.
It was misting, sleeting, freezing...then, Snowing, and Blowing... like Crazy.
The roads were slick...and, the wind was howling out of the Northwest.
Loading, the Old...Ford, Ton Truck...was no fun.
The Big...Mirror Frame, wouldn't fit in the cab, so had it strapped down tight, against the back of the cab, in the box of the Ford, before I began to load everything else.
{I...had a Huge....Load, that night.
It was a long...white knuckled drive, home. ; ) }

I, knew exactly....where the Big Mirror Frame, would go, in the house.
It's over 5 feet tall...and, would be perfect...centered on the East wall, under the tallest window.
: )
I was so grateful...to have found it. I'd been searching, for the perfect piece, for months.
{It's hung there, for over 20 years.}

John...looked at it, when I carried it in, late...late, that night.
He asked if I was going to have a mirror cut for it.
Nope.
Told him... that's what I liked about it, best.
When I see it, I don't see a reflection of myself.
I, see...much Deeper, than myself.
Too often, our own reflection...gets in the way of seeing what's truly...important, in Life.
Told John... that's something, we should be reminded of, often.
Easy...to forget, at times.
That old Mirror Frame, is a great 'reminder'. 
<3
{when I see, the Memorial...re-set,
 I see The Old Mirror, as much as I see Michael. 
Priceless. }

I left it...right where John and I...placed it, all of those years ago.
It's still... as perfect today, as I knew it would be...the first time I saw it, in Savannah.
<3




 It's a windy, blustery... Halloween, day.
I'm staying inside, and working.
The Wind...is so unsettling.

Have many projects, to work on... 
It's...really been a Pleasure, working,,,,on them.
You probably have no idea... how Wonderful, that feels, to say.
<3
: )
It feels Good, to 'work'...on these 'projects', and...not have it feel like 'Work'.
<3
My Friends, That....is Such a Blessing.
Truly...
'God Thing'.
<3

Love to You...
Prayers...to All.
Barb C. 

No comments: