Thursday, October 8, 2020

This Morning....Down the Rabbit Hole.



It's such a Blessing, to see the Volunteer Morning Glories, Smiling...
through the carnage, that surrounds us.
<3

There's nothing but chaos....and destruction....around us.
It's like a War Zone.
yet....
There is Beauty, in Spite of it all.
<3 <3 <3 
Promise...of 'Life'. 

I'm so very grateful...for everything, that stood the storm.
<3
Seeing so much down, around us....makes me understand...what a Miracle, all of this...truly is.

I've been repairing, and...trying to get everything back up....on it's feet.
One day....at a time.
; )





Helper, Brandon...and I....moved Little Betty, back to her perch.
Seems strange, after the storm....that so much is the same, but....not, even close...to being the same.
Guess....nothing is forever.


The Old...Old....Lilac, that the Boy's wanted to take down, has a Shoot growing Tall...and, Proud, through it's gnarly....twisted trunk.
<3
It's Alive.
<3 <3 <3 

This little stack, of Mid 1800's Leather Covered Cases, came from the Civil War era, Farm....we visited a couple weeks ago.
<3
The Gnarly...Old, Wire Basket...along with some other...old, Soulfulness...too. 
<3



Oh..my.
That 'Rabbit Hole'. : )
Such a Place....to find one's self.
: )

I've been working outside, picking up storm damage, and trying to put the pieces back together...
from The IDOT's...making us literally shove everything, into a corner, in a Hurry, this Spring, that I was assured, wouldn't have to be moved, since the Trail Plans, were pulled out, with our Lawsuit.

Since, they never....truly were, {Breaching our Agreement.} it was a Mess, long before the Storm.

I get it.
Right is Right...
Wrong, is Wrong.
; ) 
Some of the things, were a few inches over the ROW line.
I'm confident, the IDOT, will be just as understanding, when I ask them to keep their word, about taking that Trail...Off...of that Bridge, that adjoins our Property, like they agreed to not build, in our Settlement Agreement.

Dang.
What a Job....That, will be.
I, feel for 'em. 
Tried to stop them....long before they had it built, but....they just....didn't listen.
oh dear. 

Yes...it does seem, we have one foot in a Fairy Tale...and the other, in The Abyss.
: )
I, sure feel it, every day.
The good news....
spending more time down the rabbit hole, has helped the 'Fairy Tale'...
outweigh....
'The Abyss'.
<3 <3 <3 
Seeing 'Life', where most everyone....thought there was none, is such a Beautiful...
Gift.
<3

Love to Ya.
Barb C. 

{I'm gonna play something from Dwight Yoakam this morning.
For some reason....his music has been on my soul.
Don't know...which tune, Love...so Many....of his. 
Might have to play...two.}





No comments: