Tuesday, June 9, 2020

oh dear.


oh...dear.
Big Rain.
Stayed Home...today, to watch for Flash Floods.
This is the new highway 151 Bridge, that adjoins our property.
Remember....the One with the Trail Accommodations, Under, and On It...
Solely for Fairfax...
That Was Agreed to, in our 'Settlement Agreement, and Recorded in Linn County, 
back in January, 2019...
Would NOT Be....????
Yeah....
That One.
; )
The 'road' that you see here, isn't supposed to be here.
That's for construction purposes.
Under...the IDOT's New...Mud Road, { Dam }
for construction...purposes,
are two...temporary culverts.
When that Creek Gets High....
those culverts, and that 'Dam/Road'...
will Hold the Water Back, and Flood our Barn, and Pasture, where Scout is.
I, knew...I couldn't leave Home...today.
Not with the Big Rain...coming.
Thankfully, I didn't.
The House...is flooding.
The Gutter's
 Drain Spout tile, has been crushed, or blocked...by the IDOT.
can't drain...
So...water is coming into the house.
: (
{I Just Found it...while standing in the Pouring Rain, 
it's in The Flooded Ditch, stickin' Straight Up....in The Air.
I'll post images above this post. Still having computer issues. }
oh my.
; )
{How many times...have I Told those IDOT Boys...
"Water doesn't Run Up Hill."
 ; )
I was Very Concerned...Long Before This.
I have that little piece of advice, in an April, 2020...
 Email, I sent to the to The Head Engineer, at the IDOT District 6 Office.
He told me, in response to that email,
 he understood...that 'Water doesn't Run Uphill'.
Oooops.
Guess, he really...really....didn't.
; )
oh....my.
Silly....Engineers.
; )
oh my.
Silly...Silly, Engineers.
oh...dear. 
The poor little floor scrubber, can't keep up, with the water coming in.
I have to empty it, about every 5 minutes.
Thankfully...
It's Doing the Best it Can.
<3 <3 <3 
More than I can say....about the IDOT.
oh...
dear.
Hope the Creek doesn't come up, in the mean time.
I'll have to get Scout out of the Pasture.
and...
let the house 
Flood.
oh...dear. 
I can't be in two places at once.
: (
oh...
dear.

Love to Ya...
Barb C. 



No comments: