Friday, June 19, 2020

Searching.


Went to be with my Dear, Dear..Friends, Patti, and Steph....yesterday,
 who are so broken, and lost. 
Patti's Husband, Dale...left very unexpectedly, Wednesday morning.
He'd been fighting cancer, over the last several months, but....we all thought he'd be with us...
much longer.
Before I left home, to be with Patti, Brandon...the young Man, who helps out, around here...
popped in.
I was sitting at the Table, trying to gather my thoughts, Brandon asked me, if I was o.k.?
I, shared the sad news....with him, he just stood there, speechless
{He liked Dale. : ) too. <3 }
He, said....as only Brandon, would....
"I..don't mean to seem that I don't care...I, just can't find the words to say."
exactly...
exactly.





During the afternoon, at Patti, and Dale's...
I went out, several times, and sat on their Beautiful Deck.
Looked over their slice of Heaven, that they Both Loved So, and Built, together.
Dale...was Everywhere, there, as John...is, here.
This is such a crushing blow...for Patti, and their Family.
Patti, and Steph..are like my Sisters.
We, are... 'Family'.
They Both...have been such Blessings, in my life.
Don't know, over the years...how I could've made it, without them.
It breaks my heart, to see them so...broken.

Returned home, late..late.
Everything, is so torn up...around here, there are twisting, speed bump littered, sign plastered detours....everywhere.
It..seemed appropriate, for the Journey, home, last night.
Life, our 'Journey' can be so...'twisted', and....torn apart.
Around midnight... Steph called.
She..was inconsolable. 
We talked...for a long, long.time.
She's so, so...worried about Patti.
We..all are.
I'm worried...about them All.
: ( : ( : ( 
I sat in Jethro, outside...when I got home..for a long time.
Searching...
Trying to make sense....of all of this.
All...of 'this'.
Part of me....
wanted to fire him up....
slip him into gear...
Dump the Clutch, with the Hammer to The Floor,
just keep driving, and driving...
until we run out of road.
I'm sure....many of us, would.

Thank You, for your continued Prayers.
Please...Pray for Patti, Steph....and their Family.
Love.to You,
Barb C.



No comments: