Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Best Thing...about Getting a new, Old...Cupboard In...Is Fillin' It!

It was a Crazy, Hot...Weekend!
Even when it cooled down, on Sunday...
the rabbit hole, was Toasty!
It takes it a while...to cool down, after so many Hot Days, in a Row!!!
I worked there, anyway.
: )
Playing with Those Old Toys...is One, of my Most Favorite Things....to Do!
Ya...just, kinda get lost...in 'Yesterday'.
: ) 
As your hands hold things, that've survived...over a hundred years, 
they're still...so Beautiful.
I feel, such a 'Calm'....wash over.
They have such a soulfulness...about them. 
The Old...{1870's or 80's} Folk Art Cupboard...is so Over the Top.
The Creator... went on, and on....with amazing detail.
I could spend lots of time, just examining the 'Detail'...of these early, handmade pieces.
Yes...I get Lost, in 'Detail'. 
: ) 
It, can be Quilts, Lace...Paintings...Cupboards, Scrapbooks...anything, that's hand created. 
These Folks...were True Artists. 
Their 'Creations'...give us a window...to them, and a bit of the Past, where they were...when they Imagined these Beautiful...works of Art. 
<3 
When I look around, at this Earth...we walk on, 
I think of God, being the 
Ultimate Artist.
: )
So Much...Beauty, around us.
God, didn't have to make things Beautiful...for us.
but... 
He Did. 
: )
<3 
This Earth, could be....all one color. Very plain.
God, gave us Much...Beauty, in The Details.
<3 
When I look at that Old...Cupboard, the Artist, didn't have to make it so...ornate.
It's a Cupboard. 
Boards, Nails. 
Look...what This Artist Created, from a few boards, and nails.
: )
Amazing. 
When I finally had a little time, to fill it, I decided it needed to be Filled with 'Bling'.
Details.
Lot's...of Layered...Bling. : )
The Old Cupboard, Really...seemed Proud.
: )
It's like a Huge...Jewelry Box.
: )
These old Cupboards, truly have a voice of their own.
They'll tell ya, what they'd like to hold.
Some, like to hold....'Pretty', some...like to be used as a 'Work Horse'. 
Early, simple...cupboards, seem to be best holding everyday goods.
: )
The Huge...old Oak Cupboard, below...seems Happy, holding very little.
It could hold Tons, and has several shelves, that I've left out, because....
it, seems best, with a few...pieces in the top cabinets.






The Oak Cupboard, above... is happier, I think....with very little, inside it's top. 
While, others...are best...Full, and Layered.
They, really Smile, with the right stuff. : ) 
Never know...what'll turn up, down the rabbit hole.
: )
Gnarly, old....Farm Iron, to funny....little Frogs.
<3 <3 <3 


Captured the above images...as I was turning out the lights, Sunday. 
I, always...walk through the rabbit hole, at the end of each day...that I work, there....
and Thank, The Lord...as I turn out each light.
I, thank Him... for the Blessings, in my life.
I, thank Him... for the little rabbit hole, and...how it comforts me, when nothing else, can.
Even, when it's in a chaotic state, it still... brings me peace.
<3
Love, to ya...
Barb C.


{The Kids went to visit Zac, at The University Hospital. He's perkin' along  : ) 
He's got a long, long...road, to recovery.
He's talking, a bit confused, yet. But, he's been through a surgery, and will be having another, soon, on his broken leg. 
I, thought his arms were both broken.
One, his left arm...and his left leg, were badly broken. 
He has a brain bleed, that's thankfully...small. 
He's worried about getting back to work. 
The Kid's said...He Wants Out Of There...so he can get back to work!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
It's gonna be awhile. 
He's Alive. 
<3 <3 <3 
Please, keep Zac, along with All...who suffer, in your Prayers.
They are going to start a Go-Fund-Me page, for Zac, soon. 
He's gonna need some help. 
: )
I, know... he thinks, he can get back to work...soon. 
I, don't think he realizes....how badly hurt, he is. 
I have no Doubt, he'll get back...but, it takes longer than ya think. 
Thank You, for keeping Zac, in your Prayers. 
They...Matter. 
<3 <3 <3 }


{I posted the Alison Krauss, tune...'Stay', above.
That Tune...is The Rabbit Hole. : )
If..it had a Voice, it would sing...that. : )
Every time...I hear it, I think....of It. <3
It always, always....Welcomes me, and...always, wants me to 'Stay'...a little longer.
<3 <3 <3 }

No comments: