Friday, January 31, 2014

drink a little drink... smoke a little smoke... : ) yeah... that song... still stands... : )

oh my...
Had an Awesome Old Cupboard...and a Gnarly...Painted White... Butcher's Block...
on the Ford... from Yesterday...
I had to get off...fast...this morn...to run...and get this Amazing Load...
all I can say is...
wow...
wow...
The Heart of Country...Booth... is going to...
Rock...and...Roll...
I hit an estate sale... {Thanks...Again...Gail... : ) }
{yeah... she won't admit it... but She's One...of the Biggest Angels I have ever known...
and trust me... I Know 'em... when I see 'em... : ) ... and...I've been...seeing a LOT of Them...Lately...
I Thank... The Lord... for Them....}
oh my....
gathered more amazing... gnarliness... there...
It was quite a day...
{Thanks...so MUCH... to Wanda, and Terry... for making deliveries...for me... today...
{more Angels... : ) }
I'm runnin'.... behind....
and speaking of...
'behinds'...
when I was lugging stuff into the house tonight...
like clockwork... before a show...
I slipped on the top step... by the door...
hands FULL of Amazing Gnarliness... and Soulfulness...
{one being a DARLING horn legged footstool... with writing on the bottom... that names the maker...from 1875...
I tried so hard...to save...IT....
But...
{no pun intended...}
I went flat... on my seat...
then
flipped head over heals...
down the concrete steps...
and came to rest...
upside...down.
Bags... Went...Flying...
It was Dusk...
and still light enough...for the neighbors to witness the insanity......
so I Hurried and gathered myself up...
Quickly! Quickly!
but...
I hurt... hurt...hurt...
Lord... every part...of my body... hurts...
Why...Oh Why... do I try and catch myself...
I pull every muscle... when I do....
then...
I hurt.. : (
Thankfully... none... of the Old Souls...I had in my arms... were broken...
nor...was the Sweeeeeet...Little Footstool... That FLEW...10 feet....out of my
Desperately...
Groping Hands!!!
what a mess...
So... after getting dishes... done.. and Cleaning up... Treasures...
getting them ready...to make...another..'Journey'...with me...
Yes...
The Song...I posted last night...
still... stands...
'Smoke a Little Smoke'...
There is something...about the lyrics...of this song...that hits me...
amazing...
song writing...
Poetry... set to tune...
 I..Get...It...
I...truly....do....
"Turn the quiet up...
turn the noise...down...
Let this old world...just spin around...
I want to feel it Swing...
I want to feel...it... Sway...
Put some 'feel good' in my soul...
Drink a little drink...
Smoke a little smoke...: )
Want a little more right...and a little less... left....
a little more 'right now'...
a little less 'what's next'...
act like tomorrow's ten years away...
and just kick back... and let the feeling flow....
yeah...
drink a little drink... smoke a little smoke..." : )
and...
I Make...No... Apologies...
none...
: )
and to those... who may... will...and do criticise...
{Bless Your Hearts... : ) }
; )
Come... spend a few days...
in...
'My World'...
You Are Always... Welcome... : )
{heck... One Day... may be sufficient... for you... : ) }
{and... 'has been'... : ) for many... }
{I'm saving the... Best... for the Book... : )
 but... You are Welcome... to come see it...
Live It...
First... Hand... : ) }
and yes... the Lord... knows I'm drinkin'... : )
{even He... enjoyed a little wine... now and then... : ) }
 I posted the above song... for you...
: )
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
ha... just realized... I'm still wearing my fuzzy... ear muffs...
oh.. my...
: )
{The Funny Thing Is...
I'll tell ya straight out... who I am... and what I do... all ya have to do... is ask...
or...read this blog...
: )
I'm...no angel...
 but... I sure am Blessed... to have so many... at my side... who...know that...
 and... love me...
anyway.
 I Never...
 Forget... That... : )}
{I think... who ever wrote the Cal Smith Tune... I posted...
MUST... have been... Irish... : )
uh... huh... : ) }
{oh my... just saw.... It was Bill Anderson... who wrote this... : ) Go Figure....
One of THE Best.... Singer...Song Writers.... Ever... : )
Irish... or... Not.... }



No comments: