Sunday, January 5, 2014

Heartbreaking...

As I sit...
tonight...
listening to the wind...
howl...
relentlessly...
and watch the frost...
grow.... on the windows....
my heart... breaks...
for The Critters....
especially... the ones...
who depend... on humans...
for their care...
the lonesome... confined...
{domestic... critters...}
I...sit here... and weep...
The house.... is rattling....
from the wind...
It's.... 20 to 40 below... zero....
with... the unforgiving... wind....
I won't sleep...tonight...
I let Polly out... for just a few moments...
tonight...
I had to help... her up the stairs...
I nearly had to carry her...
her feet... just after a few... moments... hurt her... so...
she could barely walk....
I feel...like a prisoner... in my own home...
knowing... there is suffering...
yet...
there is little...
nothing...
I can do...
to change any of it...
I pray... that we will... all... do the best we can...
for who... we can...
Feed... water... {heaters}... and open our doors...
to the ones... we can....
and...Pray... for those... who suffer...
two legged...
four legged...
Furred...
Feathered...
and Finned...
Barb C.
{I throw scraps out... for the critters...always... John feeds the wild cats... twice a day... the birds... and other critters...seem to enjoy, the cat food... as well....
Scout... gets extra... hay and grain...this time of year... what he doesn't eat... we know... will be eaten... and the water trough...is warm...
Please... remember... the critters... now...
they need...every little scrap... they can get...}

as I sit... tonight...
listening to the wind....
and worrying... so...
the above...song...
struck my heart...
it fits...
sadly...
it...fits...
 


No comments: