Monday, January 27, 2014

insanity.....

: ) : ) : )
oh my...
: )
I gotta tell ya...
: )
This... COLD... Cold...
Weather... with The HOWLING WIND...
Blowing Fifty Miles an Hour...
Making the Drapes...Dance...Like John Travolta...
 in Saturday Night Fever....
 in my Bedroom...
Every Morn...
really...really... gives Polly and I...Little Incentive...
to roll outta the sack... in the morn...
: )
OH MY LORD!!!!!
I had a friend...quote me...today...
Reminding of a Positive.... Quote... Full of Energy....
I have reminded her of...... over the years...
I said...
Uh Huh....
"Ya want to hear... 'my' Bible Quote... for the last several weeks????
It's Not That One....!!!
It's...
'For Everything... There Is...a Season'... "
Then...I don't feel GUILTY... about being a SLUG!!!!
I just keep telling myself... I must...need this... down time...
 to gather myself... in thought...
Oh My!!!
I can't...function...
{John... ribbed me... saying...
 "I Thought You 'LOVED' The Snow!!!! : ) "}
grrrrrrrrrr...
Yes...I Love...the Snow...
I don't...love the Wind... 50 mile an hour... sustained... winds....
50 below... wind chill...
no...
I don't... Love... that...
This Winter... has tested me..
I don't... ever... in my life... remember... anything...like this.
EVER!!!!
I have a MOUNTAIN... of things... to get done...
but... my mind...and body... is as Frozen... as the Pond... across the road....
oh...my.
I have always said... we are either...
Very Tuff...
or...
Insane...
to live... in Iowa....
{thankfully...I...am Both... : )
an Iowan...I am...and...will stay.}
For Giggles...
I looked to see... what the temp...was in...Alaska... today...
: ) : ) : )
It was 45 degrees...
: )
it was minus... 4... here... this afternoon...
: )
and...30 to 50 below... wind chill...
last night...
Our House... Shook....
some folks... lost power....
I...thought... why... why.... do we live here....
It's Colder...than Alaska.... in the Winter...
Hotter than...Arizona... in the Summer...
{with the Heat Index...}
Then...I scrolled through...images...I have captured... over the years... : )
oh my...
This...Beautiful...State... at times... is...
 Severe...
but...
The Beauty...She Holds... is worth... the suffering....
Her... Black...Fertile...Soil...
 is Rich...
and Grows... anything...she's asked to....
The Hills... and Valleys... Timber... Rivers....
there is...No Place... on Earth... that could begin... to compare..
to...
Iowa....
We Feed...The World.
yes... I feel like a Ground Hog... .
these days...
but...
they will... pass...
and Spring...
will... come....
with All...of her...Splendor...
She...always does...
This Year...
I will... Rush... to her....
in my Old Flannel Shirt...
Striped... Knee High... Fuzzy Stockings....
Drop to my Knees...
and Kiss Her Feet!!!!!
Yes...
I Will...
All I can say to All...who are Suffering Along With Me...
"Hang In There...Baby... Hang....in There... "
'Spring'... is on Her Way!!!!
Yes...we are a Tuff... Gnarly... Bunch... here, in Iowa....
: )
A good thing...to remember... when pickin' a fight... : )
We fight... hard... and don't give up...
dig our heels in...
and...persevere...
yes...
we...
do...
we ain't... no... quitters... : )
{we are...a bit...around the bend...
: )
 another good thing...to remember... }
: )
Love to ya...
Barb C.
{I had to post... North to Alaska...
I...Had....to... }
Iowa... is... my
 'True...Love'...
and... as the song says...
that's...
Hard...
Hard...
 to find... : ) 







No comments: