Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday... Service....

I found the above, Paul Harvey... recording... while I was searching, for another letter, he wrote... back when I was young...
About... Wishing things... for a Child...
It's amazing...
but... took a listen to this...
and realized...
how..much... of a Blessing it is... and was...
when I first heard it... Waaaaay Back...
If...I had a 'Sunday Service'...
for everyday...
This... would be...it...
a reminder...
{I think.. it always has been....}...
but... that's just... me.
I've studied with many organized religions... throughout my life....
I took myself... up the hill... every Sunday Morning... when I was 5, and 6....
when Mom and I lived in Cedar Bluff, Iowa...
I remember... I sat... upstairs... the first few Sundays....
on the very back Pew....
and listened to the Kind...Man...... speak...to all of us...
{had no idea what a Pastor... was.... except... he was a Man...who stood in front of the all people... and told...such wonderful stories...and spoke.... with...such...conviction...and meaning...
and... He always... met me...at the Church doors...with a Smile...... and shook my hand... when I entered... : ) }
Then... I think... they figured out... I was there alone... one Sunday...
 from then on... I went with the Children...to the Sunday School Class....
I didn't mind...
tho... seems... I understood, both... equally... and enjoyed them all...the same...
: )
{but...really liked the Butterfly Stickers...I got... at Sunday School... when I learned Bible Verses... : ) }
When we moved to Cedar Rapids... I rode a Sunday School Bus...
to The Oakland Church of The Nazarene...
It would stop... in front of our house.... and I couldn't Wait...to see Pastor Howe...
 He... was such a Kind...Gentle Soul... : )
I was... 8 then....
and Hung...on Every Word...
{another... Great...Story Teller....}
Over the years... I have studied, and visited with... The Jehovah Witnesses, Baptist... Catholic...along with many...in between... They are all.... Wonderful...People...
but...
I could never..commit... myself...to any of them....
It wasn't 'The Word'... I had a problem with....
in my early 20's... I realized....
the one thing... other than God... they had in common.... was the one thing.... I couldn't get past....
They all... said... if I don't follow them... and their teachings... I wouldn't make it... to Heaven...
I thought about that... a lot...
I had studied... with so many... wonderful People...and...Knew... some wonderful...people... that, had many beliefs...and some... with none... that are on a 'journey'... I couldn't imagine... one group...or another... not getting to Heaven...
after all... we are all...His Children....
and Loves Us...All... the same... : )
So...
I just began... visiting with God... myself...
Not...just on Sundays... but... most every day....
{sometimes... I don't visit...often enough.... and find myself... getting weary... : ) }
I Love...and Respect... Everyone....
for me... this is what... I choose....
but... that's just... me.
God Bless....
Love...
to ya...
Barb C.
{the other thing... they also said... "Critter's don't go to Heaven"...
 God Knows.... I have a problem...with that....
: )
We have talked... about this...
He knows... when He calls me Home.... I'll go... where His Four Legged... Finned and Feathered Angels... reside...
The ones.. that possess Unconditional Love... that, sadly... humans... can't, but... we can...try...and learn from.
{well... there was One...Earthly Man...that was Filled with Unconditional Love...but  He's not walked the Earth...for a couple thousand years....}
{ I just told Mom that...the other day... when we visited about Heaven....
I said... if she doesn't see me... in Heaven...it may be, because there is another Heaven, for Critters....and...I'll be with them.... : )
God Knows.... Heaven...wouldn't be...'Heaven'.. without them...for me... and not to worry....}
I hope...you'll take a few moments...to listen... to the above 'Sunday Service'...
It's pretty... neat.
{I LOVE the New Pope... he is pretty...wonderful... Like... Pastor Howe...and so many...other, Amazing... Teachers... I have been Blessed...to 'hear'... : ) } 




No comments: