Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blessings... I simply...call them...'Friends'....

Jethro...and I had a Lovely Day...Gathered everything...from Gnarly Primitives...a Cast Iron Urn....and Victorian Children's Books...to...Home Grown Tomatoes....
But...the Best Things...we Gathered....were...The Smiles...
Blessings...
Blessings...I...simply call them...'Friends'...
It was going to be...another...Hot...and Sultry day...yesterday...in Iowa...
Too hot...to have the shop...open....
and...frankly...I wasn't feeling too well... really haven't been...since my tumble...out of the Fusie...at Gold Rush... {think...I shook up....everything...inside..when I hit the ground... and...know...I pinched a nerve...in my leg...thankfully...my leg is numb...{unless I put pressure on my knee...then...it speaks...loud...and clear...}
I haven't been able to keep up...with my usual activities... hadn't made my "Never Miss"...Labor Day Weekend trip, to Southern Iowa, to visit my Friends...
These are all Folks...I have met, over many...many years... Collecting...during The Old Thresher's Reunion, in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa....
What...Gifts...they have been in my life....Blessings....
I knew...if I didn't go...they would wonder...just as I do...when Folks, that are Always at the Shows...or Events....don't come through....
I worry...
So...Monday..was the last day....and...I knew...I needed to go see them...even to simply...say " Hi"...
The truck was loaded... It was hot...and so humid...
and...frankly...I'm not feeling...that well....
So...decided to take Jethro....{wanted to take Sally...but...too hot...}
I didn't care...if I found a thing...just...wanted to see... my Friends....
I wound up...having a Lovely time....visiting...and filling 'Ol Jethro's Trunk...with Treasures...
But...the Best Treasures...were the ones...with Smiles...on their faces...when our eyes met... : )
They all said...they were worried...very...concerned...{I knew they would be...} Thought...maybe...a Death...in the Family....
I am...glad...so...very...glad...I went...
The next three months...are going to be...Crazy....So much...to get done...Bills...Bills...Bills...
Work...Work...Work....
in a nutshell....
Stress...
But...I feel so Very Blessed...that I have so many..'Blessings'...in my life...that keep me going....
I never...walk alone...
Hope you...had a Wonderful Weekend...Filled with Blessings...
I Truly....Truly...Do....
Love...to ya...
Barb C.
 
Awww...My Charlie.... I grabbed some supper for us...and a couple of Cold Ones....enroute to Charlie's...we just sat...and visited...for a couple of hours...I can't begin...to tell ya...what Charlie means to me...{I tear up...just thinking about him...} He is the most...kind...Man...and...so Pure...of Heart.... He knows...the struggles... I have been through...and always...always...sees through the all 'Noise'...and puts everything...into perspective....
 What a Gift...he has been in my Life...
a True...Blessing...
He saves me Bird's Nests... and I treasure them...just...as I Treasure...my Charlie... : )
Bonnie, and Son...Harpo...  I nearly fell over...when I arrived...to find Bonnie wasn't there....Harpo said, she had fallen...while getting ready for her yearly Sale...and had broken her shoulder.... He assured me, she was fine... I was SO....relieved....Unbeknownst...to me...Harpo called Bonnie, at home... and she came over to see me...!!! {She had been worried about me!} I scolded him, for calling her!!! But...what a Gift...it was to see her! She's 83, yet...you would Never Know It!!! We visited for a long time....and figured...she did the same thing, I had done....was thinking...about all the chores to be done...and wasn't thinking about...the moment...we were in....and...made a wrong...move....I Love...these Folks...
So...Glad...Bonnie is on The Mend!
This Gal.... and her Husband...are the Sweetest People.... I have just gotten to know them...over the last few years....but...they jumped me, too... They were so worried....said....they knew...something...must be very wrong...."It's just...'life'..." I said... but...I always visit with them...and admire their Beautiful...yard....and their adorable 'Pets'....
I'm so glad...I went....What Wonderful....Gentle...Souls....
Blessings.... : )

2 comments:

Brandon Woline said...

Glad you made the trip and had a great day with great people just like you!

Simply Iowa said...

Awwww...Brandon...
As I sat here this Evening...
Listening...to this little song...over and over...
so many faces flashed...through my mind...
Yours... was one of them...
You...are a true... 'Blessing'...in my life...
Hope...you know that...: )
Love to ya... Sweet Pea...
Love...to you...: )
Barb C.