Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Victory...

With This as Your Standard You Shall Have Victory...
Knights Templar....
I picked this vintage piece up at my friend, Bob's shop {Third Street Resale}... several weeks ago...It had foreign writing on it...{Latin} that I couldn't decipher...but the Cross spoke plainly... { I was hoping the words weren't bad, and I wasn't advertising something... well... not good... over my Heart} I had a good feeling about it... I knew it must be Lodge related... but... it said something to me... I attached it to my trusty Wrangler Denim Jacket, and wear it proudly....
As Peg and I were walking in to the Grocery Store, last night, we walked towards a man, all bundled up, heading out, into the cold... Peg was ahead, and walked past the man, but as I was walking past him, he grabbed my arm, spinning me around...He pointed at the badge, then looked into my eyes, and asked if I am a Christian... I smiled at him, with a nod, and replied, "Yes, I am..."  He shook my hand, and said, he is too... then he asked what denomination I am... Well... I said, I don't belong to any, Organized Religion... But have many conversations, throughout the day, with The Father, and The Son... and I know Angels are always around us...He looked puzzled, for a moment...then he got a big smile, on his face..."Me Too!", he said, while shaking my hand...all the harder...
You know... It doesn't matter, if you are  Christian...Jewish...Muslim...Spirituality is a personal thing...I am so thankful, that we Simply, Believe...I can't imagine, God wanting us fighting in His name....{ and, I believe, we are all praying to the same Father...say what you will...}Oh my...He just wants us to Love, one another...and Visit with Him, once in a while....He's just waiting, for us to Look Up...
I came home, and looked up what the embossed words said, on the badge.."In Hoc Signo Vinces" it means, " With This as Your Standard, You Shall Have Victory".... I can say that... But... what I am really saying is..." Look Up...He'll Take it From There"....
Have a Wonderful Day...
Barb C.
{ I love the movie, 'Michael'... the Angel, that was a bit, on the wild side... He drank...and smoked...{a little}...and was a Warrior... I think this life is a Journey... a learning experience, getting to the Other Side...My Lord.... I stumble, fall, make bad decisions, drink a few Martinis, Margaritas, Gin and Tonics...{ah, you get the picture...} I swear, more than I should...and...lose my temper...but... I keep trying, to do better... I keep looking up...I'm not a Holy Roller... I am, a Believer...I think, that's why, when people pass away...after a long battle...like my Sister, Chery... I know, from the deepest part of my Soul, Chery is in a very, very Wonderful Place...and...we will all be together again, someday...{I have a very hard time with the Animals, tho..... I can't comfort them, with this knolledge...and it breaks my heart.... they just don't understand...but, they'll be there, too...}
I watched a story about Elizabeth Edwards, this morning...What she has learned on her journey, is amazing...I hope people will listen...Every one of us, are going to leave our bodies, some day...and...I always loved the commercial that said, "There are two times in your life, you won't care who your neighbors are... when you are born, {with rows of babies, side by side} and, when you die...{picture of tombstones, in a cemetery} Let's get along..."
Barb C.
It's 5 p.m....John just told me, Elizabeth Edwards, passed away today... My prayers go out to her loved ones... I know, she is in the arms of the Angels....

1 comment:

Kari from Meadowview Farm said...

Oh Barb...such words -- you are a sage, a king on a camel, a priest in a temple, a barefooted teller on a hill.

I have found a very simple message (realize most people need simple): "Be Nice." Wrote about it this a.m.
Kari
www.meadowviewfarmwi.blogspot.com