Wednesday, December 22, 2010

1880 Handmade Book Cover...from my collection...I'm Letting Go....

As I was redoing the paper houses, in the Old 'Favorite Things' Cupboard, I ran across a few things, I'm going to let go of... The image, on the top, is the inside...where you would slide the book's cover...it's all hand quilted... silk...It may have been for a Bible...The outside is, I believe, woven wool, and all hand embellished...It has a cord, that runs the seamed outer edge. 
Pretty Wonderful, for a Hundred and Thirty Years Old....
This, ever so detailed, handmade book cover, is originally from Canada {I think... the date is laid out differently, than we do, here...{29 Dec.} here {Dec. 29}...I bought it, in Minnesota, several years ago... and have truly loved it, so... It wasn't cheap...but, find another... I need 145. for it... it is truly... Amazing....
Barb C.
{ There is a city in Minnesota, by the name 'Mizpah'...however, 'Mizpah', also translates to "Watch Tower", or "Look Out", and has Bible References, as well...}
{click on image, to enlarge....}

No comments: