Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy...Thanksgiving...to Everyone... : )

Happy Thanksgiving....to All!
We...have Much...to be Thankful...for...
Simply....seeing the light of day....and having...the opportunity...
to...enjoy...
Life...This...Moment...
is...a Blessing....
To...live...in this Beautiful Country...
is...a Blessing... 
Thanks...to Everyone...who is Working...and Serving...Others...today...
{From Waitresses...The Folks...at The Gas Station...Nurses...Doctors...Health Aids....Farmers...tending their Livestock...
to our Brave...Service Men and Women...}
You...are a Blessing...Thank...You.... : )
Hope You All...have a Most... Wonderful Thanksgiving...
and...enjoy...
The Moments....
Love..to You...
Barb C.
{Mom is Perkin' along...this Morn...and for that... I am...Very Thankful... : ) }
 
 
We can Thank...President Lincoln... for this day....of Celebration...
What a Man....
The Kentucky Girl's Pumpkin Pies...are waiting.... to be adorned...with Whipped Cream..... They sure... look....Goooood!
Got The Turkey...all Dressed... and Seasoned... and put in the Roaster...a little after 8.... {I feel like the Jerry Reed character...in 'Smokey and the Bandit'...on Thanksgiving... "Running on Schedule"...  I was thinking...what is my most important tool... on Thanksgiving.... It's the Clock...Holy Smokes...Timing...Timing...Timing!!!!
I get the Giblets...simmering...when the Turkey goes in the Roaster.... I put all sorts of seasonings in {fresh...Rosemary...from home...and dried Sage and Thyme ...along with Garlic...Pepper...and...a Pinch...of Dried Dill Weed.. {Dill...always adds a 'hint'..of Late Summer... to Everything...I Like...That!}... and let 'er simmer...all morning..{I add Coarse Ground Sea Salt...at the end...to taste...} This is the base...for the Dressing... I use a separate kettle...to saute' Maple flavored Sausage...Apples..Walnuts...dried Cranberries....Mushrooms...Onions...Celery....in...Butter...then...add the bread...{that I cubed...last night...and mixed garlic powder with...} I like to use a boxed Stuffing mix...with it, as well... Then...I put it all in the stock....{I mince the Giblets...and neck meat....as well....} and...finish it out...in the stove...
It's...Amazing...
it...Truly...is... : )



No comments: