Thursday, June 24, 2010

An Amazing Beauty....

The difference between a pieced quilt... and a Crazy Quilt... Repetition... Verses... Spontaneity...Oh, don't get me wrong... I love vintage quilts... Pieced, or Crazy... I love early comforters, and old, wool blankets... I love vintage textiles.... But... there is something, so wondrous, about a Crazy Quilt... It's like, organized chaos... I can sooo identify, with that...Crazy Quilts, are a little time capsule, with the quilter's favorite thoughts, embroidered on them.... This one is dated, 1894, has a darling heart, many flowers, butterflies, and bees...wheat, several 'Star of David' patches..., hoops, and other wonderful geometric designs... several initials and some of the most beautiful stitching, I have ever seen....... Tho, unimportant to me, the condition is incredible... I saw several pieced quilts, at this sale... some already sold... I wouldn't trade one of them, for this Beauty.... It truly is, a work of art....

No comments: