Monday, January 16, 2023

Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market!! January 29, 2023!!! {Updated 1/27} {P.S.}

Updated 1/27

Gathering from The House... this Mornin'... for Anamosa!!
; )

I've packed several Fun... Surprises. ; ) I'll post some of them this Evening, and Tomorrow.
Some... will Truly, be 'Surprises' for those who Attend The Anamosa Market!
: )


Went through The 'Herd'...this morning. 
Decided on a Couple of Horses, and a few Arrows... and Arrow fragments.
<3

The Big...Beautiful Silhouette Horse Weathervane, came from my Friend, Linda...Many, Many...Years ago.
<3
{She Always Finds THE BEST STUFF!! <3}

It's...Old, Old. 
Probably handmade in Northern Iowa, way back...in The Day.
<3

Ran across a Huge Album of Victorian Calling Cards, and Reward of Merit Cards.
<3
I've had those... for Decades. : )
Such Fun... going through them, this morning!!
So Beautiful!!
: )




'Well Begun... Is Half Done"
; )

Stay Tuned!!
: ) : ) : ) 

{P.S. Had to laugh... this morning as I was loading. ; ) 
A Lady stopped by, was looking for a Sale, in the area, thought it was at The Rabbit Hole.
Nope.
'Anamosa'...on Sunday.
As she stood inside The Rabbit Hole, in amazement... she said... 
{I get 'this' A Lot. : ) }
"So... does this all belong to your Dad???"

Hahahahahaha!!!!
: ) : ) : )

Told her, "Nope."  : )
{It could've. <3 Dad... would've LOVED The Rabbit Hole. There's a LOT of 'Dad'...There. }
<3

As Brandon, and I...were getting ready to strap down the Load... on The Ford, found ALL of my Ratchet Straps are GONE!!
: ( : ( : (
Sent Brandon to buy more.
: (
Told him... when I catch who Snatched my Ratchet Straps....
their fingers won't work well...for a very long time. 
{and... they'll walk with a Very Severe Limp, for a Long....Time.
Bless Their Heart's.
; ) }

Updated 1/26

Not many images...of Home, today.
; )
We were loading the Trailer, and The Ford... this morning, diggin' through buildings, and 'Pulling', in about 12 degree weather.
: )
{Noooo... couldn't have done this when it was 40 degrees. That... would've made Too Much Sense!!}
Hahahahaha!!
{We've Loaded... for Anamosa, in Far...Worse. 
The Anamosa Show, in 28 Years, has Never been cancelled. Well... it was once, due to covid, but... Never, because of Weather. 
Anamosa... Always Happens. 
Always. 
<3 }

We'll be Stackin' More... on The Ford, and in Justin's Truckasaurus, tomorrow.
; )

I have totes to pack, from the House... this afternoon.
Will have images tomorrow Night, as Folk's are setting up.
More...Saturday Evening... as well.
; )

Stay Tuned!!

Updated 1/25

Picked up the above, Old... Harvest Table, this afternoon.
<3
: )
It has a 2 Board Top... it's about 8 feet long, and about 20 inches deep.
It needs a little work, but... it's SWEET!!
Belonged to Darling Friends. 
They've used it for many years in their Lovely... Home.
<3
It's headed to Anamosa.
; )

Below, are a few images of what Pal, Mark... is bringing.
Love the Tall Stained Glass Window!!
He has a Pair!!
; )


<3
<3

I pictured an Early... Chest, that I was pulling from the House, on FB, yesterday.
My Dear Pal, Jan... whom I bought it from, many year's ago... saw it on line, before I posted it on the Blog, and told me she'd Love to have it back.
: )
I gave it to her.
<3
She's done so many Kind things, for me... over the years, thought... it needed to go back Home... to her.
<3
So...if you happened to see it, it won't be coming to Anamosa.
Below... is a picture of Jan, wearing The Hatter's Hat, taken many Moons ago, down The Rabbit Hole.
<3 
; )



Updated 1/23

I've been Glidin' around The Rabbit Hole, today. 
Considering...

I'm Thinkin'...
'Spring'.... Baby.
: )

The above... Arbor, would be Perfect... for a 'Spring' Booth.
<3
; )

Oh My...
The Anamosa Antique & Vintage Market... is Gonna Be Fun.
<3
; )

Updated 1/22
One of The Cool Anamosa Vendor's just sent the above images of a couple of things he's bringing. 
If weather permits, he'll send more tomorrow. 


I've been gathering a few Treasures, for Anamosa.

The Heart Cookie Cutter, is very old.... it's handmade, from Amana, Iowa.
I've had it in my collection, for many, Many... Moons.
<3
I'm takin' a Few... Old Tin Hearts.
<3

Been sortin' through things, in the House.
Decided to take a couple Old...Trucks, they are Great!!
<3
I'll grab a few from The Rabbit Hole, as well.
One...can Never Have...Too Many Old Trucks, in One's Booth.
: )


The above Truck, is HEAVY.
They don't Make 'em like That...Anymore!!
; )



The Truck with the Candles, has been on The Old...Harvest Table, for a Long Time.
<3
If he doesn't sell... he'll find his way back.
: )

Pullin' a few things from my Collection, haven't been out Buying, much... with Everything going on, for so...long, here...at Home.



The Early Stoneware Crock...is coming with, to Anamosa.
Cool, Old.... Rolling Pins, too.
I've had those.... for decades.
Time to Share!!
: )
<3


Made a Huge Pot...of Vegetable Bean Soup, today.
It'll feed me all week.
It's gonna be a Busy One!!

I hesitate to post much of what I'm taking.
People want prices, and descriptions.
I don't have time... to answer everyone.
: (
If I've pictured something here... it will Be at The Anamosa Market, for The Early Birds.
<3

There's gonna be some Surprises.... too. 
: )
Hahahahaha!!
; )

Love...That Little Anamosa Event.
<3


Updated 1/21

Below are two pieces, Daughter...Liz is bringing to Anamosa!!
; )


{She's bringing A LOT More, Too. ; ) }

Love the above Bar/Counter.
; )



The Kid's bought the above, Awesome.... Table, from me... a few years back.
They used it in their Dining Room, as a Counter.
<3
They found another... they Loved...Better, so...
This Old Darling, is up for Grabs!
; )
<3
It's just under 12 feet long. 
Big Daddy!!
Very, Very... Cool. 
<3


So Excited...about what's gonna be finding it's way to Anamosa, next Sunday!!
; )
Great Group!!


{Liz sent me the above image, around 5 p.m. on 1/21. 
<3
She's Havin' Way....Too Much Fun, pulling things together... for her Anamosa Booth.
; )
<3}


Updated 1/20

Found this Amazing...Mid 1800's Romantic Staffordshire Platter, a while back.
: )
I'll be bringing a Lovely.... Collection of Romantic Staffordshire.
<3
The Beautiful...Old, Old..Old... Corner Cupboard, will be So Proud to Hold All of It!!
: )

{If That Amazing Corner Cupboard....Never Sells, it'll be Fine with me. 
<3
 ; )
It's a Beautiful...Work Horse.
 Everything I choose to display inside It...
 Shines.
 <3 
and...
 It's
 'Story'...
 'Journey'...
 well, I'll share it another day.
: )
It's a Survivor.
A Beautiful...
'Survivor'.
<3}

I'm packing some Very Fun, Old...Old... Toy Trucks, and Old Toys... for Anamosa.
<3

Gonna take a stroll, tomorrow... and decide what will find It's way, to The Ford.
: )
'Garden'...
; )
 Thinkin'...
 'Spring'!!....
 Baby.
; )

{Daughter, Liz, was texting me at 6:00 a.m. this morning.
: )
She is So Excited...about her Booth, at Anamosa!!!
<3 <3 <3 
She... reminds me of somebody, I used to know.
; )
Love It!!!
<3}





Updated 1/19

I've been going through Treasures... trying to decide what will be heading to Anamosa.
Daughter, Liz... is So Pumped... having a Booth there.
She keeps sending me All Sorts of Images...of Their...Gnarliness!!
; )
<3
They are bringing a very Cool....Working, Console Stereo.
<3
Liz sent me a video of it playing, this morning with a Pink Floyd Album turning.
They... have Many, Wonderful... LP's, and Cassettes. She's putting a Pile....together.
; )



I'm sortin' through Horses...amongst other Treasures.
; )





 The 'VintMill' attire, I gotta tell ya, is quite Fun.
When Liz sent me a picture of the Boots.... I'm like....ahhhh, 
What Size??? How Much??? 
Hahahahaha
FUN!!!
: )



Liz, and Adam...will be bringing a Bunch. 
Can't wait to see what they Do.
: )

There's Gonna Be Several... New Faces, at Anamosa.
So Excited... 
; )

I remember many years ago, over 20, now...
 Libby Kramer, {'Heart of Country' Promoter}
 telling me....
when, I questioned...Libby,
 if our 'Iowa' 'Farmhouse'....style, 
was a good 'Fit'...for her Prestigious Show, in Nashville, at The Opryland Hotel.
Libby said....
{in so many words}
"We Have to Be Diverse, Barb."

Our 'Simply Iowa'...booth, stood out like a sore thumb, back then.
: )
It Was Real. 
Simply.... Iowa.
<3
Libby, said... after that first 'Heart'...
"When I watched you unload, I was a little concerned.
; )
 When I tried to visit you on 'Preview' night, and... couldn't get through the lines, at your booth, I smiled."
<3

Libby Kramer, was a Very, Wise... Woman. 
<3
I think of her...Often.
<3
Libby, was one of the most Amazing Humans, I've ever met. 
<3
Always...so Grateful, She... took a chance, on us.
<3
Priceless.
<3




Pal, Mark... popped in, yesterday.
 : )
We finished up the final details for Anamosa.
: )

I'm So Excited... that along with our Seasoned... Awesome...
Vendor's....
We have a Few New Ones, as well... that will be Joining Us, in Anamosa!!
: ) : ) : ) 

Daughter, Liz... and Her Hubby, Adam, are a Couple!!
: )
{I'd mentioned it to Liz, several weeks ago, when I was informed by one of our Longtime Vendors, she was having surgery, and couldn't make it...this year. }

Liz, and Adam brought some things to The Fall Sale.
Many... Loved Their Style!!
<3
1970's thru 1990's.
; )
Thought... they'd be a Fun... Addition!
Liz...said, "No."... at first, but... it's been Workin' on her.
: )

a little, later... Liz, texted me the above.
<3
: )

When she and Adam were picking some things up... yesterday, he said... to Liz, 
" I wondered how long it would take... before We'd be in 'The Business'. "
Hahahahahaha!
I ROARED when Liz shared That with me... this morning.
: )
Said... "that kinda sounds like 'Mafia'... lingo!!!"
{which, in a way, This Business Is!! Hahahahaha! 
We {Vendors} are like 'Family'...and, once You're...In, 
There Ain't No Gittin' Out!!! 
Hahahahahaha!!!}

Below...are a few images of what Liz, and Adam...are bringing.
: )
a 'Snippet'.
<3
{I believe they are bringing a Wonderful... Old Harvest Table, that's Amazing}

The Gas, and Oil... 'Beatles'... and Toy... images, are a Snippet of what Vendor, Em, is bringing.
: )

The Anamosa Show is a Very...Diverse Event.
<3
Country, Primitives, Victorian...Garden, Coins, Signs...Farm Stuff... Old Toys...Native American, Lodge Items, Quilts, 
Big Furniture... Tiny Smalls.
Things that span from the Mid 1800's, to the Late...1900's.
: )

It Truly... Is, a Gem.
<3

I've always referred to The Anamosa Show, as Iowa's Best Kept Antiquing Secret, because...
when I was just a 'Shopper'... I wouldn't tell a Soul about it.
It... was My 'Honey Hole'. 
<3
Ya Just... Never Know, What... will Turn Up, there. 
; )
Not a Big Show.
It's... like what 'Show's' Used to Be Like.
<3 <3 <3 
Small Gathering of Good Folks.
<3
Cool, Cool... Diverse, Eclectic...Finds.
and...
Great... 
Homemade... 
Winter...
 Soul Food.
<3

Simply...
Iowa.
<3
: )

Cecilia, and Jon Hatcher... Created a Wonderful Event, 28 year's ago.
<3 <3 <3 


Told Liz... those look like MY Old...Roller Skates!!!
Wonder whatever happened to them.
???
We used to Live at The Skating Rink, during the Winter months.
Dad...used to take me, and my Friends, most every Saturday.
<3
Dad told me... one of the saddest days of his life, was the day I let go of his hand, and skated off on my own. 
<3
We LOVED to Skate!!
Fun Times!!
<3








I'll post images, of what I'm sent.
Most everyone... is LOADED, and Packed...for Anamosa.
Have been for Months. 
{Winter in Iowa}
So... Ya might just have to do...what I used to have ta do.
Come See For Yourself!!
: )

Love to Ya...
Prayers, for All.

Barb C.

{Make No Mistake... Adam LOVES Doing These Events!!
He's Great at It!!
He, and Liz... make an Awesome Team!!
: ) 
Can't Wait...to See Their Booth!! 
It won't be like Mama's. 
: )
They Have Their Own... 'Style'. 
Love It!!}


Below... is an image of an Old, Old... Crazy Quilt, I found at The Anamosa Show, over a decade ago.
I'll treasure it, always.
It came from Derby, Iowa...
the tiny town, my Dad was born, and raised, by his Grandparents.
<3

It was... Is, an Unbelievable Find.
Blessing.
Long Story.
<3

Priceless Treasure.
<3

One...Never Knows, What... will Turn Up, at The Anamosa Show.
<3


No comments: