Monday, December 2, 2019

The Tree...is Up. oh...my.


: ) : ) : )
oh....
my.
; )
It's Lit....Up.
: )
around 2000 lights.
: )
Not, decorated....yet.
; )
The Hard Part...is DONE!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
120 Branches...
12 feet Tall.
oh my.
For someone...who, isn't into...
'Heights', well...
It's a Big....Deal!!!
Hahahahaha!!!
I was called away, yesterday...
so...didn't make any strides.
One of the 'Calls', was to pick up some Vintage Concrete Statuary.
A Friend, had conducted an Estate Sale, and they were left behind.
She thought I might like to purchase them.
She sent pictures....and, I agreed to buy them.
I put the address in my phone,
 and... 
cried, 
when I saw the Home...
The Ford, and GPS....took me to.
: ( : ( : ( 
Damn It.
: (  : ( : ( 
It was my Old Friend, Gus's Home.
He was a Good Friend, to my Dad...too.
Damn It.
I, had no idea.... he'd Passed away, several years ago.
He was a 'Junk Man'....like my Dad.
<3 <3 <3 
He cut up Scrap...like Dad.
<3 <3 <3 
I remember....as a little Girl, bidding against Gus, 
at the Farm Auctions....on my Dad's behalf.
<3 <3 <3 
He was a Kind...Kind....Man.
Over the years, Gus brought me Cool...Old...Farm Scrap. 
: )
I walked through his Home, yesterday.... with a heavy...heart, 
and, gathered a few Christmas items, 
that were left over...from my Friend's Sale.
Things, I'll....Treasure, because they belonged to Gus.
<3 <3 <3
The image...below, is the last time I saw Gus, and his Pal...Ed.
<3 <3 <3 
Gus, is wearing the Gloves. : )

It was like...Dad, was there with us.
<3 <3 <3 
Gus, and Ed....brought some Great Stuff, to the rabbit hole, 
before it hit the Scrap Yard.
<3 <3 <3 
I, remember....on this load, 
there were some COOL....'Pig Tail' Hooks, 
I asked them to cut off of an old piece of  Horse Drawn Machinery.
Gus...Thought I Was Crazy!!!
but,
 he Cut 'em off....for me. : )
I have one, and gave one...to a Friend, for Christmas...that year.
They Are Awesome!!
<3 <3 <3 
Gus, was a Wonderful...Man.
<3 <3 <3 
Somehow, I...thought, he'd Live....Forever.
: ( : ( : ( 
Love, to ya...
Barb C.  


No comments: