Saturday, November 4, 2017

Everything, should have a 'Story'.


I asked Miss. Scarlett...
to sit, in the little Sleigh..., we found...yesterday, on our Jaunt.
She, was just.... heading out the door, this morning, and... I wanted to get a picture, of her...in it, before it sells.
: )
She watched me..scrub on it, last night.
Someone, years...ago...had repainted it, bright white...and covered all of the Beautiful...
 Original Hand, Pinstriping...
with thick, goopy....runny...red paint.
I, thought about...repainting it.
but, then.... I thought, better of it.
I, wondered...why, anyone...would have done that...as I worked, carefully...to remove the 'Red', and not...lose..the Original...Blue.
As I scrubbed, with oil soap....taking off....tiny, thin... layers...at a time....I kept thinking.
This...little Sleigh...was probably 'New'...in the 1890's.
The paint, that was applied later...was from the 1930's...or 40's, I would guess.
I, wondered....
Did a Grandpa...'Paint it Up'... for a Grandchild?
after all... if, it was pulled out of an Attic, the Grandpa, or... Grandma...
wouldn't have wanted to 'Gift'...something, that was 'Old'. : )
"A Bright Coat of White Paint....and Pretty, Red Stripes....would make a Lovely Gift."
: )
Or...
Did someone... buy this, at an auction...back in the day....
thought, it looked Awful...in it's 'original'...'Attic' finish...
so, to Bring it Up to Date...and, look Clean, and Pretty...
Give it a Fresh Coat! : )
Those, are the reasons.... 'why'...I didn't take it down, much further...or, repaint.
Just, as....the Original 'Surface', is 'Important'....so...is 'It's Journey'.
'The Next....Generation'.
Equally...'Important'
: )
Scarlett, and I...discussed, several scenarios....
Including, our 'Journey'...with, this little Sleigh. : ) <3 
I, left...remnants, of the goopy, Depression era... Red Paint.... here and there, along...with traces, of the 'Newer'...white paint, that covered...the Old. : )
I, thought...it was the right thing....to do.
{just, as Someone...else, did...many decades, ago. : ) <3
 I, remember...throughout my childhood, my Mom and Dad, 'Fixin'...and 'Paintin'...up discarded...things, that we...Loved, so much. <3
 John, too. Oh My... John's hands...have brought so much, 'Back'...to 'Live'...again. <3 <3 <3  }
: )
After, all... It Truly...is, all about 'The Journey'.
I, don't believe... we should be too quick, to hide it, bury...it, or...remove...it.
When you take 'The Story'....'Journey'...away, it leaves a pretty....empty...hole. 
<3 <3 <3
after all....
Everything...that has ever 'Lived', should be Proud, of a few...Battle Scars! 
I'll be taking this little Sleigh...to Junk Jubilee Jingles, 
should it not...find a New Home, it'll come back, to ours....
and hold Gifts, under The Tree....this year. 
I was thankful....that no one...removed the Old...Worn, to 'almost' Nothing....Red Velvet...seat, that's filled with it's Old...Original...Stuffing!
<3
It's so tattered, : ) 
it's 'seen'...a Bunch. <3 
There's just....'Something', about...Old...Old...Textiles, that seem to Tell, a Story...
without saying...a Word. ; )
You...can 'Feel'...it. <3 <3 <3 


Love, to ya...
Barb C. 
{Junk Jubilee Jingles, is November 10th, 11th, and 12th. It's at The Fairgrounds, in Des Moines. }
{ P.S..... This... isn't The Big Surprise! ; ) }


No comments: