Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Therapy...

I just got home...from a City Council meeting.
 I've been researching for... months.
{in my spare time, and...going in Circles...with Government Folk. }
Spent the entire day, yesterday...working on putting packets of information together, 
for The Mayor, and Council.
{over 50 pages...}
oh dear.
I started peeling off clothes, the moment...I hit the door....tonight.
{had my best Duds...on....for The City : ) 'respect'...: )}
I was on the Agenda, tonight...at the City Council...
with, TONS... of information.
They didn't 'hear' a word....
They have their minds...made up.
I, had myself....pulled together, until...
I knew, it didn't matter what I said.
It didn't matter, how much information, I had, or...how Many 'Facts'.
None of it....mattered.
: ( : ( : ( 
They are determined...to keep a walking/bike/ recreation trail project, along our Highway 151,
even tho... it's going to cost lives.
They don't care.
I had Mountains...of data, from The Department of Transportation Safety Audit.
I had letters, to Prove....it was The City, who wants this, and not the IDOT.
The City Council, and Mayor, told me in May.... that They Didn't Want Any Part of This, but, they were 'Forced'... to go along with this 'Plan', because the IDOT, wasn't giving them any other options.
I had the letter, in hand....
from The City, to the IDOT, 'Requesting'....this Trail.
They didn't respond.
Blank...Faces.
I've lived on Highway 151 for 35 years.
You, simply....can't....put the Public on it's Bridges, and Highway.
People...are going to die. 
I've seen enough....carnage, and loss of Life...on this stretch.
They don't care.
I'm having them put all of my report, on Public Record.
Someday, they will care.
When someone, maybe... Many....'Someones'....lose their lives.
: ( : ( : ( 
It's All On Them. 
The Attorney's for The Survivors, will 'care' about my 'findings'.
I walked away from the podium....tonight,
when I saw, their 'set minds'.
I walked up to The Council, and Mayor....
and said...
"Shame On You. Every One Of You."
There are only two Council Members, that...I think...will even 'look'...at their folders.
{Bless Their Hearts.... <3 {maybe. : ) <3 }
I'm sick....all over.
I know... what 'Loss' is.
'This'...'Loss', is Preventable. 
{Not Many, get That 'Choice'. }
I told them, if they can't 'see' 'this', it must be about 'Money'.
"Worthless...Money. "
I told them... "Money won't 'Buy'...the Most Important Things, in Life.
Another Breath...True Love...True Friends, or...another Moment, on This Earth."
Shame... On...Them.
People, are going to climb on this Trail, after walking on one, that will connect to it....
that, is...'safe'.
They will consider this one, safe....too.
'False Security'
I told them, it's like the the Family, from Nebraska...who was visiting Disney World, in Florida.
They let their little Boy, get next to a Pond, with no fear.
It's Disney World. : )
In Nebraska..., like Iowa...the Ponds...have Crappies. : )
In Florida... they have Alligators. 
They lost their little Boy, right...before their eyes.
: ( : ( : ( 
Heartbreaking....
If, you put People, on this Federal Highway, who aren't acclimated to it, like we are, well...
Trust me, it won't be long....before a Tragedy happens.
They don't care.
I've never seen, such 'Blind' people.
I didn't go 'Public' with this, until now...because...I was in hopes, The Mayor, and Council...would rescind their request to the IDOT.
After this...'Meeting',
I...'See',
That's...not gonna happen.
Here we go.
I won't quit.
I'll go door to door.
This Community, has No Idea, what's going on.
Nor, do they have any idea, how Much....they are going to have to pay for it.
We have many, safe...walking and bike trails...here.
THIS, is the most Insane...Project, I've ever seen.
I, had to write this....
I'm so sad.
: ( : ( : ( 
Therapy.
I'll be posting copies of my 'report', everywhere...
I want Everyone....to See, what's happening here.

Just found this 'Quote' on FB.
{1:12 a.m. }
'Mad Hatter's Tea Party'
It Fit, for Today.
{yesterday... : ) }
indeed.

Thanks, for 'Listening'.
 : )
Love, to ya....
Barb C.

Below, is a picture I took in March, of this year.
Shortly after...I found out, The City of Fairfax, was going to put in a
 'Walking/Bike/Recreational Trail 'on' Highway 151.
Here's Where It's Gonna Go!!!

{The City asked the IDOT for this Trail, in 2012. 
Guess, they forgot about that....when they came to me, last year...wanting to buy some of our property, for their Trail, because...they were 'So Fearful', of putting the Public, on Highway 151.  : )
 {I had their 2012 'request' to the IDOT, in hand...tonight...to 'Refresh' their memory. }
I told them, last year...to use, what the IDOT already owns, on our property. 
They are doing that, as well...as, putting People on The Highway, and Bridges. }
oh...dear.

Our property, is where the Big Trees are, in this picture. <3
They'll be gone, too. 


This car, was heading North, lost control...
Crossed through the Southbound Lane,
Then...
into the the ditch.
Exactly...where People would be walking.
nice trail...
Fairfax.

Sadly... I'm sure, I'll have more images, like this one, to add to
 'The Walking/Bike/Recreational Trail'
'Album'.
: ( : ( : ( 
Here's another one, from February...2017
THE DAY.... I found out, The City, was going to put in a Trail, along Highway 151.
oh...my.
The road was dry, and clear.
This one, was just up the road, two miles.
It landed in the 'right of way', too....
Where People....would be walking, if...there was a 'Trail'. 






No comments: