Thursday, November 23, 2017

There is always....always...always, something to be Thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving.

Little Kyler, is Home.
but, sadly... he's not out of the woods.
He had some bleeding in his brain, but...that's actually...Good News.
It happened during birth, and should clear up.
Unfortunately... he has some other issues, that are concerning.
Hopefully, they...too... will go away, with time. : )
Please...Keep him, and his Family...in your Prayers.
<3
I've been up, since 3:00 a.m. 
Cleaning...and Cooking. : )
The more I cleaned...
The More...I saw how Much More...needed to be done.
oh dear.
I, finally...had to quit, and focus on Food. : )
Liz, cooked the Turkey.
Katie...made a Pie...
and...
I...Made Way Too Much...of Everything Else! : ) 
I make a Stuffing, that is Insane.
: )
I only prepare it three times a year.
It's a Heart Attack in a Cast Iron Cooker!!!
I found the recipe.... when I first moved out on my own.
I've cooked this Stuffing, since I was 15 years old.
IT'S AWESOME!!!!
: )
2 to 3 Pounds... of Jimmy Dean Maple flavored Sausage....
: )
Butter...
{LOTS...: ) }
: )
Apples...
Onions...
Giblets...
{along with the liquid, I cook them in. }
Celery...
Dried Cranberries...
Mushrooms...
Lots of Spices.....
{Sage, Garlic, Thyme, Rosemary, Pepper, Salt, and... more. : ) }
Black Walnuts...
: )
and...
'Turkey' Stove Top Stuffing Mix.
: )
Oh Boy!!!
I make several quarts of it... at Easter, Thanksgiving...and Christmas.
: )
The Kids...LOVE IT.
{They take LOTS Home, with them... : ) }
: )
So did my Mom, Dad... and John. <3 
It's....Amazing. <3
We also had Sour Cream and Garlic... Mashed Potatoes...
Candied Sweet Potatoes...
: )
Corn...
Home Made...Cranberry Relish...
Smoked Oysters...
{Son, Justin's Favorite... : ) }
I made a tray with Crab Cheese Balls, Smoked Meats...Several Cheeses...and, Radishes. 
{Son, Justin...Loves...Radishes. : ) }
and, of course... my Home Made...
GRAVY!!!
One of my First Thanksgiving Meals, I didn't make gravy.
I ran out of Flour.
Dad, and John...Never let me Forget it!!! : )
{Back then, Nothing was Open...to buy 'Flour', on Thanksgiving. }
I've Never...let that...happen, again. : ) 
I, do....so Love....to Cook. : )
Liz, and Katie....do too. <3
They, are Awesome...'Cooks'. <3
The Turkey...was Perfect.
<3
The Pie...was Perfect. <3
Oh Boy!!!
We started early, and finished...early.
Thank Goodness.
I'm Beat!
Got Everything Washed Up...and Cleaned Up...by 5:30. : )
Miss. Scarlett asked if she could stay, the night.
I told her... if she helped me do dishes... she could. : )
She Happily...Agreed!
<3
I, didn't have her help...: ) She was having too much Fun, playing games.
: )
When I sat down...tonight, at The Old...Harvest Table, 
{Only me, and Harold...could Love. <3 {and, Ed.  : ) <3 }
I thought... next year...we are going to need a Bigger Table!
So Many...Grandbabies!
: )
I'll have to find a Table, we can join up, with The Old....Harvest Table.
This, Old Friend...isn't going...Anywhere. <3
Scarlett walked up, as I was thinking...at the end of the Table...
She said....
"Grandma.... this Table....is Amazing. It looks so neat, all cleaned off."
Sadly... The Old Harvest Table, is a Work Horse, these days.
It's been layered...with Papers, forever.
I've been doing so much book work...It's been more of a Desk, than Dining Table.
: (
 
I'm hoping....to change that.
A 'Family' Table...is so Important.
: )
Hope...You, had a Wonderful....
Thanksgiving.
<3
Hope...you ate Way Too Much!!!
: )
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: