Thursday, January 12, 2017

oh...my. So, tell me...Why do I 'set' Hours...down the rabbit hole? It's Always, an Adventure. there's Always...Temptations!!! Especially when I Try...and Behave!!!

Sometimes.....
I think, 'Someone'....is 'Testing' me. 
: )
and, when it comes to 'Structure', like...
'set hours'...
I, Fail...
Miserably. 
If someone calls...and has some Old...Cupboards,,,
{Anything, Old...and Gnarly...}
That 'Structure'...FLIES Out The Frickin' Window!!!
I'd JUST...'set' Hours...today, for the first time, in a Long...Long...Time,
down the rabbit hole.
I wasn't 'Open'... 30 minutes, when the phone rang.
A Dear Friend, had an Old...Corner Cupboard, that needed to be Gone...
'Now'.
oh dear.
Sign went Up....with my phone number...on it.
Me, The Ford...and...Sweetie, Hit The Road!
What, can I say.   
?
: )
Ya Gotta Do...What Ya Gotta...Do. 
: )
I'm a 'One Woman Band'. 
: )
Found a few other....Sweet Little Treasures....that my Friend, wanted Gone.
Loaded...
and, came Home.
{I, don't think I missed anyone....
but,
if...I did, I'm Sorry. <3 }
I needed to be packing...and Loading, for The Anamosa Show...today.
Did I do That.
?
ahhhhhh...
Nope.
I worked on an Old Clock. : )
I, trimmed flowers, I'd rescued last Fall...from The Frost, that are Wintering...
down, the rabbit hole.
: )
I cleaned...and sorted, here, and...there.
but...
didn't pack...
One...
Thing.
: (
The Gift, today...was,
as I was cleaning an Old Silver Tray....
{It was on the floor, of the rabbit hole. I'd used it as a riser. }
It was black, with tarnish. 
That's o.k. I Love...Tarnish, but...I wanted to see a little...'shine'.
: )
I didn't expect, to 'see'...what I did, as...I gently...rubbed the tarnish, from the silver tray.
With one swipe, I saw a 'Heart'. 
: )
A Wink.
: )
I, don't see them, often.
mostly...when times are Tuff....
or...
I've had...'enough'.
I've seen 'Hearts'...at those times, since my Dad passed away....
30 years ago...this, February 13th.
The day before...Valentines Day.
I took Dad, his Lunch..on the 12th.
With it...a Heart Shaped Cake, I'd made for him. <3
He died...early....on the 13th. 
He'd tried to put a Fire out...where he was working...the exertion led to an aneurysm...
that took his life.
I was devastated...I wasn't called, to be with Dad, that early morning.
When I was, it...was moments....too late.
: ( : ( : ( 
{That,...looking back, was a Blessing, for both...Dad, and me. 
I, could have Never...let him go. : ( 
The Lord, knew...that.}
John, went to the scene, of the fire...the next day.
I asked him..to. I couldn't go...Near it. Didn't for Years.
He said, Everything...was Burned...beyond.
then...
with a bewildered...kind..of laugh...he continued...
"Except, in the middle, of where the Fire was....
there was a half eaten...heart shaped cake.
 It wasn't touched...by the fire."
{John, didn't know....I'd made that cake... for Dad. }
oh...my.
It, was also...a 'Friday the 13th.'
like, tomorrow.
{just, remembered that....this...moment. }
I, Know...Dad Winks. <3
I, Know...John...does too...
Both....
With...
Hearts.
<3 <3 <3 
: )
Our Loved Ones...are never far from us.
we, simply...have to recognize them. : )
I see 'Hearts'. 
Others...a Dragonfly, a Cross...in the Sky.
A Feather, where no feathers...should be found.
a... Bird's Nest, on the ground.
'Winks'.
: ) 


The latch...on The Old...Corner Cupboard, I ran to get...today.
What is it, about....'Old Cupboards'.
?
oh my. : )

The Old...Clock, and Peg's Mouse...she gave me...nearly two years ago.
: )
I planted some forlorn...rescued...Rosemary, in it. : )
The Clock...after lovin' on it...for awhile....
It's little old Heart...Beats, once...again.
: )
{I, doubt it has....for 75, or 100 years. <3 }


I tweaked, this image...so you could see...the Heart.
The above, is real.
Much Clearer...in person. : ) 
Always....
an Adventure.
Always...
a Story.
oh my...
That little Rabbit Hole.
Such...a 'place'...
to find, one's self.
<3
Love, to ya...
Barb C.

No comments: