Saturday, January 5, 2013

Shoot for The Moon!!!

 
This is one of my Favorite Quotes...
and...something...I really needed to Ponder...this morn...
I'm working on the Schedule....for the Year....
Shows...decisions...I need to make...
{tho...it seems...if I wait...long enough...The Angels...make 'em for me..: ) }
I have some 'Fun'...Ideas... for the year...I just need to weave...everything..together....
I'm Gonna make it a 'FUN'... year...
My Goal... is to be...more...Light Hearted...and...Willowy...
Keep in mind...
It Is...What It Is...
and...It's All....About The Journey....
Mark and I are So Happy...to be going back...on the 20th...to The Anamosa Antique Show!
and...I have some...Exciting News... for February!
{Pack Your Bags!!!}
I played the Laverne and Shirley Theme...
cause...I Love it!
Always have...: )
{Give us any Chance...we'll Take it...Read us any Rule..we'll Break it..we're gonna make our Dreams...Come True...!  There is Nothing we Won't Try...Never Heard the word.."Impossible" !!!}
{oh...yeah...Love...It!}
I have always clicked...with Laverne...and..seems..all my Beloved...Best Buds...
 throughout my life...have been...
Sweet...Shirley....
{God Love 'em!}
{I see....Shirley...in Peg...often...: ) }
Like the time... we had wedged the Old Farm Sofa...across the corner... so tightly...it wasn't going to move...
{Peg said...there was No Way...it would fit....We had Measured...and Measured....I knew...it would be..'Tight'...but..was Sure...it would go...: ) }
{I had to stand it on it's end... then...drop it into the corner...then jump on it...to get the feet on the floor....{I think..the walls bowed...a little...in the Rabbit Hole...: )
But..it Fit!}
Then...when I stood back...and looked at it...I thought...
a Gnarly Hanging lamp...would be Perfect...above the old Sofa...
but...I couldn't get a ladder...in the right spot....without moving the Sofa...
That...wasn't gonna happen....
It  took us an hour...to wedge it in...
The Only way...to do it...was to take the folded ladder... put it on the cushions...of the sofa...{Very...Springy...cushions...I might add...}
Lean it back...'til it rested on the wall...at an angle...
Then...I could reach the 10 foot ceiling...to put a screw in...to hold the light!
Peg...Had A Fit...
She said..."You are Not...going to Climb on that Ladder!!!!"
 I kept hunting for screws...and wire...
She said..."I'm Not...going to watch you do This!!!
 I Won't!!!  I Will Not...be Any Part of This!!!
You are going to Kill Yourself!!!! I'm Going Outside!!!
You Are Not...going to get on that Frickin'...Ladder!!!!"
{she was pacing in circles....in her little...worn...Bib Overalls...
her Mad March Hare...Ears...were twitching...Frantically...back...and forth...: )}
I stepped up...onto the sofa...
She...stood there...
Hands...on her hips....
Lips...Pursed...
 I had the wire...and screws...in my teeth...
Drill...in one hand...
and began...to climb..the Bouncy Ladder!!!
Peg grabbed hold...of the Ladder....
all she could muster...was
"oh my God...oh...my God..."
I had to slip off a shoe...to get better footing...as I climbed...higher...and higher...
Got the Screw in...Got the Wire...secured...
then..it was time...to descend...
I knew I had to...in a hurry...because...with every step...the ladder.BOUNCED!
I heard her yell...
"WAIT!!!!"
{there was No...'waiting'... I was Going...Down!}
{My shoe..was on one of the Ladder rungs...she was afraid...I would step on it...so..she tried to grab it off the tread...before I stepped down....}
Peg wasn't quick enough...
I missed the shoe...but stepped directly...on her little hand...
Oh My Lord!
When I got to the ground...
my first sight...was Peg's Face....
Her Eyes... BIG...as Saucers....
Cradling...her little..deformed..hand...in the other...
In a whimpering...squeaking...little voice...
saying...
"ooooooohhhhh.....ohhhhhh...."
{Dear Lord...I'm laughing so hard...envisioning...that MOMENT!!! I can Hardly Write!!!}
{Dang It!!! oh my... I shouldn't laugh...
But I Can't Help It!!!}
I tried to console her...{while TRYING...to Smother..My...Laughter...Dang It!!! and...Failing...Miserably!!!!}
That...was a Laverne and Shirley...
Moment...
{a...Mad Hatter... Mad...March Hare... Moment...: ) oh my...}
I know...I have shared this story...before...
But...it's one of my Favorite...'Peg'...Moments...
and..I Laugh... my Tail Off...Every Single Time...I think about it...: )
Peg and I... talk about All...of these crazy...Moments....often...
and....we ROLL!!!!
{There...are...Many!}
Have Much...to do...today...
Hope you...have a Wonderful Day...
Filled...with...
Crazy....'Moments'!
and...Shoot...for The Moon!
Love..to ya...
Barb C.
 

No comments: