Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oh....My.... Whew...Great Balls of...Fire!

 
 
I Hit The Road....Runnin'....
This Afternoon...
It was an Awesome...day...
Met with some Darling...Girls...this Morn...
Then...sorted through 'stuff'...and got things packed...for the Anamosa Show...
{Have Lots...to Load...yet...: ) }
Then...hooked up...with my Southern Iowa....Pal...Lynn...
Thank God...for Good Friends....
He's Helping me out...this weekend...
Bless...His...Heart!
Then...Stopped at The Kalona Antique Company's...Warehouse.... in Kalona, Iowa...
I Love...Ken...and Brenda...
They...are The Salt...of the Earth... : )
I Spied...in their shop...The Amazing....Old...Old....1870's or '80's...sofa...
{EXACTLY....what I have been Hunting For!!!
 Do You Have...Any Idea... How Hard...I Have Looked...for These...Most...Perfect...'Bones'!!!??? {sigh....}
oh my...I am...Excited!!!
{I almost played...'Breathless'...by Jerry Lee...instead... but...no...
I was Tooo Excited...
It was...all about...
Great Balls of Fire!}
{Yeah...My Nerves...were 'Shook'... and...my Brain...was 'Rattled'!}
I also found The Most...Amazing ....'Server'....
That will be Perfect...for John to cover in Tin!!!
{For...Heart of Country!!!}
It is Soooo Hard...to find the perfect...'Bones'....for his Amazing Art Work....
and...there...sitting in Kalona... they were!
Then...Hurried on...to Sisters' Garden.... {just a few miles North...of Kalona...on Highway 1}
and...found...another...Perfect Piece...for John...
I Love...that Shop...as well... Those Girls...Work So Hard!!! and It's such a Soulful Place...to visit! {When you're Not...on a Dead Run!!! {like...today!}
Holy Smokes!!!!
See...
Folks...always ask me..."Where do I find...my 'Stuff' "...
I Have to Tell Ya...
Mostly....in Other's Shops!
I Get The Best Buys.......
Find...the Most...Unusual...Things...
In Antique Shops!!!
Nope...not just at Auctions...
Not...Privately....
and...not.... just... at 'Shows'...
{Tho...I Love...All of the Above...}
{certainly...not...online...I have to touch...and examine...things...it's...something about...the Human....Connection...}
Mostly...
I Buy...
In...Antique Shops...and Antique...Malls....
and...
These Folks...Look...for things...for their Customers....
They Call.... when they get 'Want'...Items in....
It's Soooo Important...to Visit Them...
OFTEN!
I am...Thrilled....with what came Home...tonight!
I can't wait...to see all of it...when John works his Magic!
Hope...you had a Most...Wonderful Day....
Filled...with...
Magic!
Love...to Ya!
Barb C.
 
This is 'The Settee'...... oh my... {gone...}
Even the Back...was...Amazing....
Can't Wait...to see This Old Darling....when it's....
 Done!
 oh....my... : )
Whew...
Great Balls of...Fire!!!
Yowza!!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sofa.
I had a similar expirence when I purchased my 1860's sofa.
One thing that you might think about is taking of the wheels in front. I had a bad experience just after purchasing mine. It was perfect condition I thought but over time the wooden legs had stressed the wood in front where the wheels were at and one of the legs broke when someone was sitting on it. In getting it repaired I was told that if the wheels had been off it would have helped the stituation and would have not happened. I have remoced the wheels since and all is fine. Just food for thought.

Can't wait to see a picture of it restored if you would be so kind to post one when finished. Enjoy, You made a great find.