Friday, December 30, 2011

Oh Boy!!!! Diggin' Through Buried Treasure!

These are a few screens, that are left.... All of the windows, I posted are on hold, 'til Tuesday...
Well.... I'm on a Mission....Getting Things Organized! It may take me the entire year...but it has got to be done! I spend so much time running.... doing shows...making deliveries....buying... seems...all I do at home....it load...unload...stack.... shove....and bury stuff.....
I started in John's Office....I couldn't walk through it....we had stacked lumber...totes.... weed whips...horse meds...and tack.... car parts...REALLY! Enough! I started pitching...then...John came in....and attempted to rescue....some stuff...and...we did...but...he got the burn barrel going....and we got a lot done.... we have a long way to go....
I started going through the 'Lost Totes'....oh my gosh! Treasures! It was like Christmas!!! {and...some of it....had to go} Some will be on the Memorial Day Weekend Sale...some will go to Anamosa...some will go to Nashville! Some...I brought to the house...
I received a call from a gal... while I was working on it....she asked if I was 'simplifying'...ahhhh... NO...! I am getting organized... I really should have been a Victorian...I Love...a Full House...it feels warm...to me...Sparse...feels Cold....that's just me...
Everyone is different...I can't ever imagine myself... in a clean lined...stark...sterile... home.... I like...  everything...in it's place... but...Lot's of it.... Kind of like...the food....at a restaurant...some folks...like 3 tiny pieces...of meat... with a chive...sliced like splinters....resting on top....and a drizzle...of sauce....forming an interesting....circular design...on the plate....
Me...I Like...a Beautiful Platter....Dressed with Two Big Pieces of Fried Chicken...Garlic and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and Gravy....Corn...with a slice of Melting Butter...and Salt and Pepper...working it's way to the Corn...trough the melting Butter.... a few State Fair, Bread and Butter Pickles... and...on the side...some Soft Rolls...and a Nice Slice of Rhubarb Pie....with...French Vanilla Ice Cream.... See....That..is My House... Mmmm... Mmmmm... Good!
That is also why...I'll never be skinny!

I found all sorts of awesome treasures....in this tote! a Heart Shaped Pincushion... a darling sewing basket...some Flow Blue... a Sweet 'Dog' dish... cool stuff!

I Nearly Dropped...at the Contents of this tote!!!! OLD MOTHER HUBBARD NURSERY RHYME CHILDREN'S DISHES....from the 1880's.... oh my gosh!...Beautiful Lace Fragments.... Wow!

I brought this Old Tea Leaf Bowl...to the House...I Love this Shape.... John eats Ice Cream...every night...from this type of bowl... I use them...every day!

TEA BERRY!!! Oh my gosh...I unearthed this...from a cardboard box...filled with mid to late 1800's Tea Leaf Ironstone.... Teaberry...is soooo hard to find...Tea Leaf...is a bit slow...right now.... but I Love it... and Use it...Everyday.... Teaberry...very rare.... Merry Christmas...to Me! This one dated...from 1867 to 1880... Love...It!

This is the mark..on the back of the Teaberry.... These early marks...are as Beautiful, and, sometimes, more so...than the front!
 Allyson and I are taking a short run...in the morn... she called, and asked if I'd like to go with her... earlier...in the week... I had to think...."Saturday...Saturday....hmmm...yeah....I'm not doing anything...Saturday....hey...isn't Saturday...New Years Eve...?....hmmm isn't it...???"
It's pretty sad...when New Years Eve...doesn't hold much weight.... I remember when I couldn't wait...to Turn it Loose..on New Years Eve.... ahhhh those days...are gone...gone....gone....
Love to Ya...
Barb C.

6 comments:

Gatherings said...

Yup were runnin also and usin our Machine Shed gift certificate. More fun than partying!

Simply Iowa said...

Well.... I guess so.... We don't like going out...anymore... on New Years Eve... The roads can be Crazy... and it's not worth risking an accident...
I told Liz...I'm just going to sit...by The Tree... and process... We'll be taking it down...on New Years Day....so...I'll soak it in...as long as I can...
Happy New Year...Wanda...
Barb C.

summersundays-jw said...

Happy new year, Barb! Love your treasures. Taking a little road trip with my sisters today but home before the crazies come out. Jan

Catherine said...

found you through Miss Effie...am already planning road trips!

As for a *full house* - yep, I like my things about me...and a plate to tuck into.

Happy New Year!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Catherine....
We are cut from the same cloth! Yeah!
Happy New Year To You!....Hope You can come visit!
Love...to Ya...
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Happy New Year Jan!
Hope to see ya this year! Either...me...your way...or you....ours!
Love to ya!
Barb C.