Monday, December 19, 2011

A Lovely Gift....

This one....oh yes...this one touched my Heart.... Thanks.... Sweet,  Lorraine....
What a Lovely Package...The Bath Salt Bottle...will find a Perfect Place...in the Bedroom...Love It!
For some reason...I was exhausted...today....Had a lovely day, yesterday...Allyson popped out...and we had a wonderful visit... she thoroughly enjoyed her trip, to Germany...and visiting the Christmas Markets... she brought me back some sweet treasures...and a hand decorated egg... that is lovely.... I fixed some snacks... and we hung out.... around the Tree...
But...today.... I couldn't hardly move.... {except...I ate about five pounds of chocolate....I can't have that stuff NEAR ME!!!{or within walking distance....this time of year....I ate half of the Rum Balls....Allyson made...oh my..she warned me, to let them set...for a week...they get better with time...{whatever...}
When John came in tonight...he had a box full of treasures, our friend, Lorraine, had sent out... Oh my...who needs Santa?
I dug through the box... that was Full Of Tea Leaf Ironstone...{ I am so fond of Tea Leaf.... it was made in England, beginning in the mid 1800's, for export, to America....At first, it was plain Ironstone......but the English Potters figured out, when they added the gold, or copper type hand painted luster....the Farm Women went crazy over it....they dubbed it "Farmer's China"....of course...with that kind of history... it's right up my alley! I Love Ironstone...Tea Leaf...Transferware...Staffordshire....from the late 1700's, to the late 1800's...we use it everyday...It goes in the micro...and oven...{the Ironstone.... the Staffordshire...I don't }
What a Lovely Surprise... my favorite....in the box...is the Eight Sided Platter... I Love that shape... and the beautiful wear.....Thank You...Lorraine.... they will all be loved!
John and I are headed to Illinois, in the morn...early...he has to get some parts for 'Old Yeller'....he showed me images of it, in progress.... oh dear....It's come a long way...from when they hauled it in...but....they have many miles to go!
I still haven't gotten my Christmas cards done... I really can't figure out...what is wrong with me.... seems... I just can't get them started... I keep walking past them....waiting...so patiently for me...on the end, of the old harvest table... along with my list...of people to send them to.... but....my heart...just doesn't want to do them....I bought some lovely cards... even, a new pen...that writes so beautifully...still....no good... Well.... I'm going to eat some supper...
Hope Everyone has a Lovely Tuesday...
Barb C.

3 comments:

sue in mexico mo said...

Barb, I haven't been able to get in the mood to do my Christmas cards either. I have decided if you have friends with serious health issues (and we both do) the cards take a back seat. . It should be the other way around and we should be reaching out to all of our loved ones. But I think a little part of us has just shut down in order to function. Or maybe I'm just older and lazier this year!

Simply Iowa said...

This year....has been crazy... When I predicted, on New Years...."I had better hang on....it's going to be a wild ride..." I had no Idea... what I was attempting to prepare myself for.... I couldn't have guessed...in my wildest NIGHTMARES....this is how the year would play out... I find myself weary...dissolutioned...and...numb...Yet...I feel like have had puzzle pieces put into place...and handed the puzzle over...to the correct hands...and...am seeing things...much clearer...now...I simply...have to pick myself up...and get going... I have nearly let the ship sink...but Thanks...to The Angels... that keep reaching out.... I'm making it... It's gonna be mighty slim... but we'll get through it...
The Cards...well... I just don't know... I truly...do not...
Love to ya, Sue...Have a Merry Christmas...and a New Year...That's Filled With Love!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

The word is...'Disillusioned'....
I should know well....how to spell it...my life has been filled with it...this year...