Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday....

Volunteer Strawberries...growing just outside the Greenhouse Door...it's like an Easter Egg Hunt..in June... they are hiding all around...I had fun, this morning...searching for them....
 This is what Strawberries are supposed to look like... We have grown so accustomed to those Huge...Monsters...we get all year 'round...at the store... these look like mini's... ahhh...but the taste....a little sweet...a little tart... and...somehow they capture... a  'green' Summer...taste... a bit, sweet grass....that's the only way I can describe them... except...Wonderful...No Hybrid, can even come Close...to capturing that... 
I am trying to get a bit of organization, flowing, back, into the shop...oh...dear...
This Big Pitcher...isn't perfect... but...it is...about a hundred and seventy years old... so...I make No Apologies...
Tea  Leaf...Ironstone... Love...It! It's from the last quarter, of the 19th century.... {1860's on up, to turn of the century..} It always touches my heart....It was made in England, for export to the United States.... It was a Huge Success... The Farm Women, were so tired of plain...when the Gold Tea Leaf came out....they all had to have it! It was also known as Farmer's China....Wonderful....
Love this Little Doll House...Think...I could just move right in...
Love the Old Milk Glass Cake Stand...It's been Forever...since I was able to find a Square one!
I'll be on the Road...tomorrow...Making Deliveries...and picking up.... A Very...Very Long Day....I am working on taking a trip, to New York...and... Vermont....in July....I have never been there...so...it would be a great opportunity...
Had a lovely...quiet...visit, with Pattie...from Fern Hill....inside The Little Shop...this early...afternoon...we discussed, the recent loss, of her Beloved Brother, John....I sat and listened....recalling...the same...emptiness....when I lost my Beloved, Sister....Chery... There is something about losing a sibling.... part of your circle...part of...your 'pack'...a huge void...whether....you were close...or saw them occasionally...... it's still... an indescribable loss...
I am Thankful...we both know...they are both waiting for us...In an Amazing Forever Home...
Then...we went out to lunch with Steph...{Pattie's Sweet Daughter...and my Dear Friend...} and Steph's Darling...youngest Daughter, Nichole...then...Linda...Pattie's Forever Friend, Joined us...it was Great! {Mary Ellyn called...I missed her..here, at Home! Dang!!! Next Week! Dubuque!!!!}
It was a Great...Afternoon....
A Lot...of Reflecting... and being So Thankful.. for...Today... Friends...Life...
No Matter...
Love, to Ya...
Barb C.
{be sure and scroll down...and click on the tunes... oh my...some will make ya think...others...well...will confirm.. I am...Crazy...I could play Fog Hat.... or...Kiss....or...ACDC...but...I choose...Emmylou...and...Waylon...oh ...yes...once a Country Girl....Always...
 and...yes...Save...the last Dance...for me....{I had to sneak in Roy....what would life be...without a 'Pretty Woman'...?}{like there were any doubts...really...?}{ I gotta tell ya..."Lovin' her was easier"... was one of my Very Favorite Songs....Like Emmylou said..."you don't know me"....love to ya.......

1 comment:

Audrey @ Sweet Cheeks said...

That stand is just TOO adorable....milkglass....ahhhhh!

You know how I roll with my sisters and brothers....I'm gonna grip onto them EXTRA tight the next time we're together ;)