Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's All Good....

Whew...it was a Hot One...Yesterday.... Worked outside.... and had some heavy deliveries to make.... The Beautiful...Old, old...carved Limestone Bust, found her way...to Exactly Where she needed to be... Funny...how this seems to happen....I had badgered a Friend, to sell her to me...for a year and a half....because...I thought...I knew...EXACTLY where she needed to be.....Right here...with me....I Love Her....She touched me...the first moment I laid eyes on her....
But... when a Sweet Gal...Stephanie, starting asking questions about the Carved Woman, on the bed of the Ford...during The Memorial Day Weekend Sale......I had a feeling....The Woman...didn't ride home, to be with me....
Stephanie, put her on hold...and decided...She was Haunted by theWoman...as I had been... 
 When I pulled into Stephanie's Long Drive...Leading to her Rural ca. 1868 Estate... I hit the Brakes...on the the Little Ford...and Groped for my Camera...I had to get an image... It is Amazing....A Most Perfect Home...for the Woman. 
Stephanie, had some lovely... Heavy...Heavy Statues...we traded on...and she and I loaded...Stephanie is Little...but Burly...whew...we were both ringing wet, with sweat...after getting everything loaded...and the Carved Woman unloaded...
My Day was Crazy... had soo much to get done... it was soooo hot.... had deliveries...to Southern Iowa... after I got everything lined up...to load...a man called and dropped off...400 pounds of old glass insulators.... he informed me...he had set them on the back of the truck....ahh...the truck...I was taking...to make deliveries...
I had to unload them....bucket by bucket....they are frickin' heavy...whew....then I bailed in the Ford...and He wouldn't start....the fuel filter was clogged...{found out, after changing that...it's the pump...} was out...{see...Ford's never leave me sitting on the roadside...if....and that's IF they have an issue...it's usually...here at home...} so John started working on Him...I started gathering the load...and carrying to the truck...{thinking it would get done....quickly...} While taking down a pair of columns...the wire cut my hand...I was bleeding all over......{did I mention...it was sweltering...hot?...}
I got most everything loaded....then John said..."I'll get to this in the morning...it's a two hour job..."....
See...he didn't understand....I Had...to get this load done...rain is coming in....the next two days...{actually...a Nasty Storm was already brewing....but...I kept watching the sky as I was loading...... it looked like it was going to go north...it did...{70 mph winds...hail...Lightning....RAIN...Big...Rain....oh dear...}
I had to deliver some of the load...completely dry....so...I needed to Move.....Fast....I Turned to the heavily loaded...little Ford...{The Old Purple...} and started unloading...dirt....and wood...and car parts....{John grabbed the Broom...} We got Him all cleaned out... and transferred everything, from ...The Ford...to the little Ford... I Gotta Tell Ya...It was like he was the Little Engine That Could!!! Away we went! Muffler Roaring...{Even the Stone Lady was Proud to ride..in the Smaller version of the Ford Fam......!} That Little Ford was Singing...as we passed car after car.... making our way to Southern Iowa! I got the first half, unloaded...then Flew to Stephanie's... The Storm was not far off...it produced an Amazing Show...Stephanie and I, sat on her Veranda... with a Cool Breeze...bringing the Storm closer... we sipped an Ice Cold Bottle of  Beer... in Old Adirondack Chairs...and just visited... it was Wonderful....
After the Storm Blew Over... The little Ford and I headed North...had to stop at the store... out of lens cleaner...and my eyes were a mess....so...it was after midnight...when we rolled in... Today...I'm waiting for the repairs on the Ford... then..I have to pick up some 12 to 14, by 5 and a half feet wide...trelliss'.... oh dear...they are sold...so I'll have to take them to storage...oh...dear....
There is an Antique Show..in Kalona, Iowa...I'd like to go shop...{it starts in the morn...Allyson and I are making an afternoon out of it, tomorrow....we'll hit Sisters' and Barntiques...and all of the Kalona Shops!} I just got a call...to come look at a bunch of stuff...I Need The Truck!!!!
Oh well...I'll bail in Sally...I can go back...for stuff later...Ye Haw!!!
Gotta Go!!!!
Love to Ya!!!!
Barb .

6 comments:

Virginiarose said...

hope this makes it. Been having trouble leaving comments.
Sounds like your kind of day ,lucky you missed the hail at the shop could have broken lots of glass.
HAVE A GOOD LOVE YA
GINGER

Anonymous said...

i was really worried about you going home since weather totally cut loose - wondered if you could see anything at all? so glad you made it back safely w/o any big troubles

we need to name the german gal. :)
steph

summersundays-jw said...

You need a bumper sticker that says "no fear". Wish I could go to Kalona with you tomorrow but guess I'd better keep myself at home & busy. Have fun!!! Jan

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Ginger...
Yep...living in a Glass House...oh my...
and yep...it was my kind of day.... a real Leather and Lace...day...
Love to Ya!
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Steph...
Thank You...so Much....for Such a Lovely End, to The Day... It was Amazing...Your Estate...{I can't think of it any other way...} Blew Me Away.... Thank You for Sharing it with me... Amazing...and your Landscaping...oh my... You are Something Else.......
The Woman....
She has found Thee...Perfect...Home....
Love to Ya.....
Barb C.

Simply Iowa said...

Hey, Sweet Jan!
Anytime....You just head North...and I'll show ya all sorts of great places....We could have loads of Fun....and a few Martinis!
Love to Ya....
Barb C.