Friday, June 10, 2011

Don't Miss The Antiquing In and Around Kalona!

Here are a few Gatherings...from this week...actually...the last couple of days.... Fun Stuff! From Estate Sales... Antique Shops.. Shows.... and Neighbors...I'm headed back to Kalona, in the Afternoon, tomorrow......to the Show... I'm Pondering a few things...if...they are still there...hmmm...I have to go look at a Huge Old...Old Clothing Store Cupboard...in the Morn... in Central Iowa...the owner said it's ...12 feet wide...and 6 feet tall...one piece... hmmmm... in old blue paint....hmmm...Intreaguing...
Neat Old Gathering Basket...in Great Shape! Just needs a bath...
Darling little key holder....
Love the Rug I found...at Shirley's Sale...in Fry Town....It was Great Seeing Erica...from Sisters' Garden....we got to Sisters' just as the gates were closing....Dang! The Darling...In 'Super' Condition, Vintage Chair, came from a Very Fun Top Drawer Tag Sale!
A wonderful Stack of Ironstone Oval Bowls....YUM!
Ahhh....Chandeliers....
Sweet Laundry Bench!
Darling...30's 6 legged Bench.... Very Sweet....
Very Large Mocha Yelloware Bowl....it's as found...Still Very Usable....Love the Watch Case...I saw it at Duwa's Auction...months ago...wanted it...but missed it...Then...at The Kalona Show....There it was...Oh My Gosh.... I bought it....for less than I was willing to go...at Auction....The folks were happy...I was happy, with the asking price...{didn't ask for a better price...when things are where I think I can do o.k....I won't ask...I do appreciate all discounts...it does help...}

4 comments:

JB Knacker said...

Hey Barb ~
If you're anywhere near Gilbert tomorrow...would love to have you by the old place! I so enjoy reading your blog..you are wild...and it's fun to try to keep up w/ all of your happenings! And I mean wild in the best way!!
Brenda

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Brenda!
I am not getting that far west....but...then I have to turn South...and beat feet to Kalona..to get the Sofa...
I SOOOO enjoyed my last Visit to your Wonderful Store...Let me think about this week!!!! Send me your phone number...we will chat!!!
www.simplyiowa@yahoo.com
Love to YOU!!!!
Barb C.

Kerry Ann said...

Barb--How much is the laundry bench? Kind of awesome!

Simply Iowa said...

Hey Kerry Ann...
I don't usually price items on the blog... simply e-mail me...and I'll get a price to ya...or...you may call...319-241-1348
Thanks for asking...and...it is still waiting for ya!
Love to Ya!
Barb C.