Sunday, June 12, 2011

Disappointments...Sorrow...Sacrifice...and...Helplessness...Life...

Oh My...Life is such a roller coaster ride....all the ups...downs...{please...don't advise me....to take anything for the ups and downs...walk with me...there isn't a drug...that could make this journey, any easier...}
I have been tripped...three times this last week...and got my heart skinned...by people I considered...friends...watched a dear friend, lose her brother...very suddenly... and deal with a Huge Open House...with a Smile...as she is preparing for his Funeral...
I had to snap an image of this Wonderful Iowa Church...and Beautiful Cemetery... on my way, to my second to last stop....headed for home...last night...
It Touched me....
This is the only image that turned out, from my visit to Fern Hill's Amazing 25th Anniversary ....yesterday... It Was Packed!!!! I am so Happy For Them.... It Has Been an Very Hard Week...For All of Them....Bless Their Hearts...
This isn't the load, I had intended to have on the Ford...last night.... It was supposed to be An Amazing Sofa...as a Gift...to the Little Shop.... but...instead...the Sofa...was a Gift...to the Ford...2 new tires...and a new rim.... I picked up 2 Victorian Wire Plant Stands...a Very Gnarly Metal Lawn Chair...a Huge Ledger... 4 Old Hollow House Columns....and a variety of dibby dabbies...
I bought this 1870's, Belle Plaine, Iowa, Ladies Garment Cupboard.... out of a dilapidated garage... It will take me an hour or better, to get it cleaned off, and loaded...{it's 12 feet wide...and 6 feet, or so, tall...one piece...} I usually don't show, the Before images.... This Cupboard will be stunning Cleaned up...and displayed...beautifully...as it so deserves to be....I could see it's Beauty Shinning.... She Sings with a Lovely Voice.... no matter where she stands...{Thanks Shelley...I Do Love It!}
I Traded the Wonderful Sofa...that replaced Louie...on my way home, last night, with it....for a pair of  new tires......for the Ford...{I couldn't wait any longer....the belts were broken... in the right front tire...and it was a game of Russian Roulette...where it would finally give out...I just had no idea...it would cost so much....} and Scout's  eye is hurting him, again...It comes on so suddenly....I read up on that, last night....oh my...my heart breaks... the vet never told me...what to expect, with his disease... {tears...and more tears...}
 I have miles....and miles to go, this week...Stress...
Oh yea...I watched a PBS special...on stress...oh my... Very Scary...
I'm headed to pick up some things...this afternoon... I bought, when the Ford was Down...
This week....I have a trip to Illinois...and then... get the massive cupboard, I bought yesterday, dug out of a garage... And...who knows what else....I tried to reach the vet...for pain meds...for Scout...no answer....no machine.... dang...{I can't stand this...more than anything....} My Gut Twists....
John and I watched a Survivor, type show...with two guys...last night... John said he thought it would be fun, to do that...
I said...oh my...what they do is a piece of cake.... I do this everyday...hunt...gather...lift...push...pull...deal..with the elements....deal...deal....deal...wonder...who's your friend...who's your foe...sacrifice...stew...and stress...wonder...if...and what, tomorrow will bring...
Now you know...a tiny bit...of why old Sally, is so important to me...She's my Rescue...for a few hours...sometimes...only minutes...but...oh my...I savor those moments...
I guess...I am am incredibly blessed...to have my health...the true friends I do......my loved ones...critters...and have had...even it be, for moments...some of the most wonderful treasures...in my hands....I guess it's all about the journey....
Love to ya...
Barb C.
I feel blessed...no floods...or tornado's...fires...and the kids are all good...
Sometimes...tho...I feel like the young boy...in 'Once Upon a Time in the West"...He is standing....in the desert heat....with a harmonica..shoved in his teeth...being demanded to play...or...he will be shot....the boy...has his hands tied...behind his back....and his older...heavier.. brother...standing on his shoulders.... with a noose around his neck....The boy...plays....until...he can't....and drops to his knees... then...flat on his face...in the dirt...as his brother hangs....above him.....
I know...I need a little down time...but...I'm afraid...if I slow down...my knees will start to buckle....
What a place to be....

No comments: